Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy February and Groundhogs Day Too!
We have got the Valentine's Day decorations up and are having a great time thinking about my favorite Love holiday. More about that later, but I just thought I would show you some of my favorite things for the season. I love this table William modified for me. It it sort of the holiday table. Sits right in the front entry and we have been decorating it for whatever holiday is approaching. It was so fun to get this stuff out this year. We(the kids and I), did a bunch of new paintings last year and I was happy to see them again. These girls are available in the Shop.


I have been tagged for a fun little tag by Ari. It is about swaps you have done. Swapping is a new little hobby that has resulted as a by-product of blogging for me. I love it and so do my kids so I am happy to share this one.

1. What was your first swap?
My very first swap was through swap-bot and it was for a handmade handbag or purse. I got to send one to Austrailia and received a beautiful bag made from reprodution Civil War fabric that I keep my crochet in.
2. What has been your favorite swap and why?
The tiara swap I participated in last year. I mean look at the tiara I received in my little picture over there! How can you not be thrilled with that, and I loved making the one I sent.
3. What has been your least favorite swap and why?
I did a postcard swap and I spent a lot of time on mine and wasn't all that impressed with what I received, but hey, it only cost me a postcard stamp and everything else I have ever received has been great.
4.What have you tried for the first time as a part of a swap?
Making ATCs. I probably wouldn't have tried this just for the heck of it and it was fun. Also I spent the afternoon today with Brittany making new little felt dolls for a swap--more on that later this week.
5. What would your fantasy swap be?
This is a hard one. Can I swap talents with some of my bloggy friends? I would love to be Vanessa, or Jenn, or Tif. Or it would be really fabulous to trade houses with someone in a far off place, maybe for a month. Not my husband or my kids though. I like them lots, even when they make me a bit crazy!


So that was fun, and appropriate since I went a bit crazy this weekend signing up for some new swaps at swap-bot. They are fun, I do tend to go in spurts where I sign up for a bunch and then don't do any for awhile.
So I am supposed to tag some other folks. I was trying to remember who I visit that I have seen do swaps. So I tag Alison and Natasha. I know they swap a lot and if you want to do it to, then tag! you are it!

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love your valentines goodies on the table. What a fun tag. Thanks for tagging me.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

Thanks for tagging me! Your valentines goodies are so sweet!
I just love the little canvases you did in the post below too, gorgeous!!!

love.boxes said...

You Valentine's look so cute!

You're brave, I would never switch houses with anyone. I could never cook in their kitchen. I can't even find things in my mom's kitchen... :)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

It was fun reading about your swap experienes. They can be fun and it's wonderful to share in each others' artwork.