Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yeah for nesting dolls!


I signed up for a swap on swap-bot for Matryoshka dolls and I have really had fun making these. Here is my finished set of dolls before they head off to Washington.



I have also been tagged by Natasha to share some weird or random facts about myself. I have decided that I must be really boring and not all that weird because I had a hard time coming up with 7 this time around. I will give it a try though.




1. I love this machine! It is my cocomotion machine (I love to say its name too). I like to think of it as my Mormon coffee maker. I have been letting myself have a cup on cold mornings with a banana for breakfast. I just love it!

2. I usually paint standing up. This is a result of trying to paint with little kids around. If I sit down they are all over me.

3. I took a pottery class with William when I was 8 months pregnant with Joshua. I'm not sure why I thought this was a good idea, pretty hard to straddle the wheel with someone in the way, but it was really fun. I would like to try it again someday.








4. I love to stay up late and do my little crafty things. The house is nice and quiet, there are no interuptions and it is just my time. I usually put on some show William would hate (although I am slowly converting him to the Gilmore Girls), and just do my thing. That is how Miss Nesting Girl and her children were created. I really loved this project and will definitely be making more. It was a great little project to work on in bed watching tv.


5. I was horribly uncoordinated as a kid. My mother was asked to take me out of the dance class she put me in when I was 6 and maybe try something else! This was before we discovered the wonderful Clytie Adams school in our town, she probably wouldn't have given up on me so soon but that was the end of my dance career and the root of my tendency to overcompensate for my kids and try to give them lots of chances to learn control over their bodies so they won't feel inadequate like I did as a kid. If there had been a way to graduate from high school and college without P.E. credit I would have found it! The good news it this deficency has no real effect on my grown up life. And really how often are you reallygoing to need to climb that dumb rope in gym?


Well, it looks like I could only come up with five this time around and they are rather lame at that. Hope you will still like me!


And hey, is anyone else having problems getting the spell-check to work on their posts through blogspot? I now realize how dependant I am on that, please forgive any typos I miss!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to make some matroyshka dolls... you've inspired me! :)

love.boxes said...

My spell check is not working either.. not for a week about! What's up with that!!!

Anywho.. your dolls are darling!

Paige said...

My sisters and I love our cocomotions! They are apparently hard to find so hold tight to yours.

Nesting dolls are adorable- Babushkas.

Alison Gibbs said...

Love those cute dolls.
Alison

Celia Fae said...

Not fair. You can craft AND write. Somebody didn't hand out the talents fairly.

My spell check is broken, but someone told me to use the spell check in the toolbar and it works for me. Try it.

Natasha Burns said...

Your dolls are gorgeous Michelle!
Great to learn more about you - i liked your comment about climbing the rope, lol!
Spell checker has been ka-put for a while and still is with me too. Though I found it picked up words that were real most of the time which was highly annoying too!

Felicia said...

I adore your sweet nesting dolls :)

Alexa Lett said...

Love the dolls!! Beautiful!

noodle and lou said...

too cute Michelle! I just love the dollies:):):)

trisha too said...

I love swap-bot! Your dollies are adorable!

Elisa said...

Wow! You are too talented for me! Love those dolls!
I hadn't noticed that spell checker was broken... I just thought I was being an awesome speller! lol.
Which anyone who knows me knows I am not.

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff! I lack coordination too which is funny because when I stand while painting (for the same reasons you do) I'll trip over something just moving one foot.I'm that "graceful"!
Cute nesting dolls..whats the swap thing you mentioned? (I probably missed it in a previous post).

Circe said...

I love the nesting dolls! And all the random facts about you. :)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

How inspiring your blog is to me! I love to visit it! Your creations are lovely! Many Blessings, Katie