Saturday, February 23, 2008

A new quilt and new members of the family!

I finally finished putting together one of the two quilts I need to send home with Oma and Opa. I like the way it turned out. Now I just need to finish the other one.

And here are the kids with our new family members. The school had a program that gave the kids coupons that they used at local businesses if they read the local newspaper. So one of the things they decided to do was get fish. After they earned a tank we went to get the new little guys yesterday. Boy are these guys popular! Joshua can't even tear his eyes away long enough to smile for you!

Well we are off to explore one more time with Oma and Opa today!

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the quilt that Oma and Opa are taking home. Sounds like everyone has been enjoying Oma and Opa's visit.
Fish are such fun for the kids to watch and take care of.
Alison

allison said...

I haven't been here in awhile...love the new banner and background color. It looks great. Sounds like your visit with Oma and Opa has been wonderful. My daughter calls my mom Omi (my mother had an Oma growing up and didn't want to have the exact same name).

annas dreams blog said...

Very beautiful quilt, and a very lovely family, including the new member :).

Circe said...

I love the fish. Ruby is campaigning for tree frog, but I'm waiting until the guinea pig bites it. Or the dog. It's a love hater relationship with pets. I love that they're going to die someday. I hate that it probably won't be soon. But the pets make the kids happy, and that's what it's all about. :) The quilts are so cute! Any kid who gets a Michelle Blankie, as Xanthe calls hers, is a lucky kid.

annas dreams blog said...

Hello Michelle: Just wanted to let you know that you have been tagged. Go check it out on my site. Have a great week. Lillian

love.boxes said...

Love the pretty quilt. Glad you are having a good time with Oman & Opa! Happy new fish to the kidos!