Tuesday, February 05, 2008




A whole bunch of Dotees in a row!

I discovered that lots of people in blogland are making these fun little dolls called Dotees and swapping them. Brittany and I decided to try making some to send out as Valentines and we really had fun.
I like Brittany's faces the best I think, hers were more original looking than mine.
I have to say this was one of those times I was really grateful to have a daughter. I was having a very homesick weekend and when William took Matthew on an outing and Joshua took a nap Brittany and I just hung out on the couch and embroidered and talked. It was so nice and really made me feel so much better. It was fun to not be in mom mode so much and hang out like girlfriends.

This was my most unusal Dotee. I like her button hair, even if she does look a little embarrassed. I love that little painting behind her. My friend Tif painted it and gave it to me a few years ago for Valentines Day.

17 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I am in love with the Dotees! I can't wait to be done with my sister's baby shower so I can dive into making something. I just love how you work.

Alicia said...

I love all your dolls and creations. They are so cute! I also like to look at your shop!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Oh Michelle...they are absolutely precious. And how lucky you are to have special time with your daughter!
I have two boys so our Dotees would have to be made of cammo or metal and carry light sabers or something! Not as adorable as yours! Have a great day.
Tracy

Alison Gibbs said...

What little cuties your Dotees.
Alison

Amanda Edwards said...

That is so sweet to hear that you got to hang out like friends. Of course they still need their mums but it's fun to pretend like you're just friends for a bit. Tamah and I have just started doing that and she is only four so it's really funny to hear the things she says to me as we sit and drink our "coffees" at starbucks!

Natasha Burns said...

Oh those dotees are gorgeous!!! They remind me of babushka dolls!

Natasha Burns said...

Hey there Michelle! I've tagged you this time!!!

love.boxes said...

Those turned out soo fun! I hope you have a really fun day today.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I am in love with the doteeees tooooooooo!!! Oh me oh my!! precious!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Ohh, I love the Dotees, too. I want to know more. I saw your comment on Lulu's blog. The Rat entries are supposed to be posted Thursday, the 7th. I am going to enter one. Look for it on my blog tomorrow.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I must be living in the dark ages because I've never heard of Dotees. I think you ought to name them after different shades of pink..nevermind I cant think of good names of pink!They're cute. Are you giving them away or selling them..you've got quite a few!!

Becky Bunn said...

Your little Dotees are very cute. Love the bright colors

noodle and lou said...

Oh they are ADORABLE!! And even cuter that you made them with your daughter! How fun that must have been Michelle!

Anonymous said...

HI SHELL...WHERE DID THE NAME DOTEES COME FROM? YOU AND BRITTANY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB ON
THEM. I LOVE THEM. LOVE AND KISSES. MOM

Anonymous said...

HI SHELL...WHERE DID THE NAME DOTEES COME FROM? YOU AND BRITTANY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB ON
THEM. I LOVE THEM. LOVE AND KISSES. MOM

Richard said...

They are so cute. Way to go Michelle and Brittany. What a fun time.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I have never heard of a Dotee...but I love how cute they are all lined up in a row!

Jillian