Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Blanket for Joshua!


Some friends of ours have the most beautiful family. They have Amanda who came to their family in the more conventional manner. Then they were lucky enough to add Adrianna about the same time we had Matthew. At Christmas time they tried to add another member to their family. They came home to Utah, not just for the fun Christmas holiday but for the chance to adopt a new baby. After much heartbreak the trip ended with fun Christmas memories but no new baby. What a wonderful surprise when just about a week later they got a phone call, found places for their girls to stay and whisked off to Georgia to meet their Joshua! Here he is, isn't he just beautiful? Bryon and Amy are very special to us, I consider them family really. Bryon and I grew up in the same neighborhood and were best buddies through high school and into college. He and William were great friends from high school on. Amy's dad and my dad grew up in the same neighborhood and we knew each other all our lives, but really got to be great friends in college. They dated and got engaged around the same time we did. We have lots of memories and lots of history together. So when they add a new member to their family it is a big deal to us. And of course that means I have got to make something special for the little guy!

Here it is. Joshua's cowboy quilt.

This has become one of my new favorite features of my baby quilts. I love finding just the right quote for each baby. This one seemed just right.

Here they are, all together. Just as they should be!

9 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

oh what a beautiful family they make!! and the quilt is sensational.
%*_*%

Diane Duda said...

He is the cutest!
And the quilt is just perfect. I love those tiny cowboy hats!

xo
Di

Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt!
Sarah

SSWS said...

How fun to see Bryan and hi beautiful family! I love cowboy things.....it reminds me of the beautiful West! Great quilt Michelle...you did it again! Hope you are great!

Circe said...

Baby Joshua is stunning! He is absolutely gorgeous! And I love the quilt. You are so wonderful to think about each baby and make something truly special just for them. Xanthe loves her "Michelle blankie!"

Bonus Mom said...

He is soooo cute! Love the cheeks!
That is a great idea for baby blankets. I have 4 in the works right now, I think I need to add quotes. Thanks for the idea ;)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful~the time and love you put into that beautiful quilt will rub off , I know it:) We still use Andres's baby quilts even though he's three now:) Congrats to your friends..much happiness to come1

Alison Gibbs said...

What a gorgeous addition to the family.

Alicia said...

What nice thoughts and what a pretty quilt!