Friday, September 03, 2010

Garlic and Sapphires

Okay, so I am really in a good book drought. This is the best thing I have read all Summer. This and her other three books. Ruth Reichl was the food critic for the New York Times. Her memoirs are funny, and of course full of food. I really enjoyed them. Not as much as I enjoyed The Help last Summer though. Anyone read anything good? Oh, and I tried The Hunger Games and I just couldn't love it. I just don't want to know about kids fighting and killing each other. So other than that send me your suggestions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fablehaven and Percy Jackson! I have both first books.
B

Circe said...

I loved Garlic and Sapphires. I just read A Marriage Made in Heaven by Erma Bombeck. It's old, but worth reading because it's funny and thoroughly enjoyable. I'll bring it to lunch or something!