Thursday, January 06, 2011

Gluten-free Peanut Butter Bars

William had been craving the peanut butter bars we all remember from school lunch for awhile now. So I asked my friend Mandi, a known baker around here, if she had a good recipe. Of course she did and I converted it to be gluten-free. I keep losing it and having to ask her for it so I finally am putting it on here so it won't be lost!
Combine:
1 C softened butter
1C sugar
1C brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t salt
1t soda
2 t vanilla
Add
2C flour
2C Oats
When I make them gluten-free I use rice flour and gluten-free oats. I also make half this batch which fits in a 9X13 pan.If you make the whole batch it fits in a cookie sheet.
Press dough in pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. When it comes out of the oven spread with peanut butter. After it has cooled frost with chocolate frosting. I use Mandi's frosting recipe too.
1 stick butter softened
6T milk
4 T cocoa
3 1/2 C powdered sugar.

3 comments:

SSWS said...

Thanks! This looks better than the recipe I have....more oats. ss

Circe said...

Yum! Those were the days...peanut butter bar, french dip sandwich and tater tots. Doesn't get much better than that...unless you have a lunch friend who shares her potato chips!

C said...

Yummy! That gluten free version is going in my recipe box. Thanks for sharing.