Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine's Day Pillows

I am thinking of renaming our home The House of Pillows. I seem to have a problem and it involves the production of pillows. Valentine's day has presented such a great opportunity for new pillows I couldn't resist! This is my new favorite. I made it out of circles of felt folded in half then folded again so they looked like a quarter of a circle and then stitched them closely together to fill a heart I had traced onto the fabric. It is really fun to touch.

This was an idea I saw somewhere in blogland. I wrote out the word Love the way I wanted it then taped it to a window and traced it onto a piece of fabric. Then I painted it with acrylic paints and turned it into a pillow.
Did the same thing here. I drew out the heart shape I wanted taped it to the window, traced and painted again.
So what do you think? Should I form a pillow-makers anonymous club?

8 comments:

Janice said...

I LOVE the green and white one.

Marci said...

I love them all. Way to go!!

Sarah Smiles said...

Wow! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first red heart! They are all beautiful! You are amazing! The pillow house sounds great!

vivian said...

wow! youve been busy! I love the heart pillow and the white one.. well all of them really! sweet stuff!
have a great week
vivian

love.boxes said...

First, the pillow you gave me for my birthday got high compliments from the major award winning quilter in my ward. She LOVED it!
Secondly, I LOVE all the new pillows! They are beautiful!!!

Circe said...

There are worse hobbies! I love all your pillows. It is so fun to come to your house and see all of your creations.

Red pillows said...

The green one stands out. Really nice!

abeachcottage said...

Love every single one of the pillows. They are amazing!