Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Does this skirt make me look like a bed?


I think this will be my new uniform of summer! I finished this fast little skirt this weekend and I really like it. I love my capri pants but lets face it, when it is really hot those extra 3 little inches aren't really cooling me down all that much. Skirts are so much cooler so I decided to work on some. Here is the silly part, I made this one out of a really old sheet. I don't quite dare say vintage because I was not the original owner but I can tell it is old. That means it is really soft too. So what I am wondering is, does this skirt make me look like a bed? Hope not, cause I plan on making more!
**Don't forget to enter the giveaway on yesterday's post! You have until Wednesday night!

5 comments:

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I was on a kick a few years ago with skirts I made...hmmm, I might have to blog a whole post about 'em...

I like the skirt, all flow-y. As for the sheet part...I didn't know till I read about it?! Call it your 'green' skirt all recycled!

Unknown said...

I would not have known it was a sheet if you had not mentioned it. I think it's sweet! A lot of the floral,cotton fabrics that they are selling look just like that sheet fabric, so why not use it?!! I like the idea about calling it your "green" skirt. I think you may have a business idea there!!!!
XOXO
Jillian

Robin Beck said...

The title of your post just cracked me up! But I think that the skirt is adorable. I was just saying to my husband the other day that I was going to start wearing light dresses more-Women just don't wear dresses like they used to. Thanks for the laugh-I do love the skirt and would have never known it was a sheet.
Have a great afternoon!

Circe said...

Of course you don't look like a bed! Tiff would call it Granny chic, but I just call it really pretty! It's awesome. I think B. needs one! I'm all for skirts in the summer. It's surprising how much cooler they are.

love.boxes said...

very cute! Love the fabric! :)