Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Update/The trip to Utah part two!


My mom had one request on the trip we all took to Bear Lake. She wanted a new picture of the five grandkids. So I tried. I tried reeealllly hard. This is my very best. Of course, my sister's children look just about perfect. Libby, hands daintily on her knees, Abby perfect little smile. My boys look like they are being punished. At least Brittany smiled. Trust me, this was actually a near miracle. Matthew was not in the mood and Joshua refuses to sit down for pictures. It always amazes me that black and white unifies a little group like this so well. Love black and white. Hope Mom likes it.
So our trip to Bear Lake was planned by these three brothers. My dad and his two brothers. I will probably be grounded for life when my dad finds out I posted this picture, but it is so CUTE! It just makes me smile to see these three together like that. This trip was a reunion of these three brothers' grown families and it was a blast!





This is the whole group, minus my good hubby who had to fly home to go back to work and hadn't rejoined us at this point. I love this picture. The last time anything like this was taken at least half of the adult cousins were still in diapers! Just look at us now!



















There was of course lots of beach activity. This is Matthew with the great Uncle Nate, my sister's husband. He is always great but especially this trip when he absorbed my three kids into his fun Dad activities. He took them on innumerable wave runner rides.







And let's not forget it was Uncle Nate who found big shovels in the condo garage and taught the kids how to really make sand castles! Matthew loved digging rivers too.








Joshua just plan loved the sand. Digging it, splashing water in it and rolling it. Basically becoming Mr. Sandman! (Now where was that smile when I needed it for pictures?)







I cannot believe I am posting this picture but what the heck! There are so few to prove I was actually there! Brittany and I have a ball with Uncle Nate's sand castle building methods too!







And finally, The Super Grandma and grandkids! Again, my kids not their best picture. Joshua looks like he is saying his standard "eeeeew!" Oh well, Grandma looks good. And she really is the super Grandma.


She thought it would be fun to do an Easter egg hunt in June...and it was!


It was a great trip, loads of good memories! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!


I just noticed I am almost to 400 posts! Gonna have to have a give-away next week I think!



11 comments:

Circe said...

The pictures of the kids and grandma are adorable, but not as adorable as the three brothers!! Blow that one up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm not as good as the rest of you but I am learning slowly.

Janie in MO

mysteryhistorymom said...

Cute pictures! Looks like so much fun!:-) Lori

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Utah, eh?

We moved away, then moved back, and now we're moving away again? Oh well.

I love Bear Lake! That mud is SO recognizable?

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what a fun time you all had.
Alison

Natasha Burns said...

Looks like you all had a fab time! The photo you got for your mom is great, and LOL I hope your dad doesn't ground you for posting that fun pic of him and his brothers!

Circe said...

Yes, that is your Brittany! :)

Janice said...

I am laughing at your comment about posting that picture with you in it. So funny. I often feel like the only pictures taken with me in it are THE most unflattering pictures. But, since I take nearly all of the pictures, I am rarely in them. Sounds like fun. We have two family reunions coming up.

love.boxes said...

Oh Bear Lake.. the most lovely place in the world!

Camille said...

Wow, those are great pictures and gee wiz, we really missed out on the beach the day you had the shovel. That looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Michelle and family,
I really enjoyed your blog, especially the pictures of Bear Lake with all the kids and family members. Thanks for making it special, thanks for the memories. Looking forward to next time when William can join us as well. Love,
Papa Bear