Friday, July 11, 2008

A Perfect Day!

It has been a good day! Our horrid heat wave seems to have broken and it was a full 20 degrees cooler today! I woke up, opened my window and remembered this really can be a nice place to live. So after cleaning a few bathrooms this morning the kids and I went to the library and made our own reading bugs. Cute aren't they? I mean the bugs, the kids go without saying!


Believe it or not my kids really wanted to paint with me today and I convinced them to paint while we watched some of the first season of Little House on the Prairie that we checked out from our library. Man I loved that show when I was a kid and it was fun to share it with my kids. Not sure I will get them to do it again but it was fun while it lasted.
Dinner was chicken taquitos which EVERYONE liked! That is pretty amazing for there not to have to be slightly different variation on the main dish for everyone so I was happy about that.
And finally I got a few of the dolls I finished on our trip listed in the shop. I like this bunch a whole lot! They are all over in the shop looking for new homes!

So now I am off to watch Gilmore Girls with hubby. Have to say, it was a pretty perfect day!

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
quiltdude said...

New nesting dolls are cute.
We love The Little House on the Prairie and are watching series 4 at the moment, my girls just delight at saying "Oh Charles" everytime Carolyn comes on.
Can you send some of your sunshine this way please, we've had nothing but rain all week!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Cute dolls and children! We LOVE Little House on the Prairie around here. My girls like to dress up and pretend they are Laura and Mary.:-) Lori

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi Michelle!!! I am so excited to have won your giveaway!!! I did email you but it looks like you didn't get it. I will email you again :-)

((((hugs))))
Jenny

PS- LOVE Little House on the Prairie (both the TV series and the books.) In fact, I reread the books almost every year. :-)

Bonus Mom said...

I love the reading bugs! We have been extra kid crafty here too. I need to post some of our projects. I adore your dollys too. The kids go without saying :)

Unknown said...

those are such cute dolls! I love what Heleen sent you in the swap too - wow!!!

Anonymous said...

It does seem totally perfect!! I wish I could have had taquitos painting and movies at your pad... One day!! ;) Looove your dolls!! I never get to keep any for myself though :) Everyone who sees your dolls in my world, ends up loving them so much, I end up gifting them!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Please visit my blog when you have the time. I have given you an award

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Glad I could be of service!

I've been widening headers all over the internet-O-spere!

Added you to my monthly Bloglist!

See ya!