Thursday, March 19, 2009

Book Shortage

Have you noticed it has been awhile since I blogged a book? That is because I just haven't found a really good one in awhile. You know, one that I liked so much I had to tell everyone I know who is a reader. I am open for suggestions.

I did read a sequel to a book I liked awhile back. The first one is called The Friday Night Knitting Club. It is about a group of women who become friends through their knitting. It is an unusual book for me to like. The reason is a bit of a spoiler. My mom is a breast cancer survivor so any book that involves people getting the Big C is a turn off for me. So there, I gave a bit away, but the point is that I still liked the book.

My sister discovered that there is a sequel. Knit Two. I just finished it this weekend. I liked it even better! Maybe because there was no Big C, but I think it was really because the characters developed more.

I spent an hour at the library during Brittany's ballet class. I just can't seem to get excited about anything. I don't want super serious but that seems to be leaving me with fluff. Anyone read anything great lately?

3 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

I am reading The Host and really like it. I also loved The Secret Life of Bees. Anything by Sue Grafton or KAthy Reichs (suspense, mystery) is great. Harlan Coben is phenomenal! His books should all be made into movies.

I agree with your daughter. I adore the old fashioned Nancy Drew.:) Has she tried the computer games? They are such fun!! Lori

Janice said...

I didn't like the the first one because of the cancer thing but maybe I will check out the 2nd one. I liked the characters.

sewfunky said...

I just finished the first book and had no idea that it involved cancer. It was a big shock to me, especially as I carry the BRCA1 cancer gene and am dealing with it in a personal way.

I would like to read the second book though...