Monday, March 02, 2009

Happiness Is...

Have I ever mentioned that I love my house late at night when everyone is asleep? I do and having been without my own house for awhile has really made me appreciate my late night rounds. There is just nothing better than staying up late, working on some little project and them making the rounds to check on kids. It makes me so sad to think how fast these faces are changing but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love how they all still look little when they are asleep.

Even grown up Miss Brittany.


I could eat this boy when he is asleep.


Ah, my secret shame. Mr. Joshua still has a binky, or a "nigh-night" as he calls it. And sometimes it is pink.

I turn out the little lamps, sometimes eat a piece of toast because that is what women in my family do late at night,check the locks. Then I go crawl in my exceptionally comfy bed and stick my cold feet under my lovely warm and cuddly husband who has probably been sleeping for awhile warming up the comfy bed because he gets up so early. Love that cuddly husband!

It just doesn't get better than this!

p.s. do you think my kids will someday be mad that I sneak in and take their pictures while they sleep?

7 comments:

Janice said...

I am the same way. My kids are so beautiful when they sleep!

love.boxes said...

No! Those photos are treasures! They all look like angels!

Anonymous said...

They will be cross with you when they are teens, and thankful when they are over 25 :)

Then they will want copies of every shot ;)

Your babies are beautiful. I could help you barbecue those little toes and nibble them up... Oooh, that does sound terrible right? Well, you know what I mean. Not literalllllly, goodness no ;) ;)

I love that you eat toast and make your rounds late at night. I let out a sigh of relief for you everytime I think of your stunning new home, a place of your own again... and the loss of stress from trying to sell... Eeeep, I always feel bad for folks in that position. I am sure you do too, after having been there temporarily.

You know. I was 12.5 years old when my baby brother was born. I long for that baby, with his baby saliva smell mixed with baby cookies. I miss him sooo much. It doesn't feel like he grew up and is still with us - it actually feels like his little self is missing in action. Isn't that odd?

I told my dad - and he says he feels the same about me...

Why do they have to grow up??? Why oh why? xoxoxo

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I love peeking in on the kids too! I think they will be pleased that we took the time to take them someday. The baking looks yummy and I'm digging the new doo! Makes you look younger, I think!
Have a great week:)
Tracy

Circe said...

Precious! I completely agree...when they are teens and there is rarely a tiime when everyone is safe in bed at a reasonable hour, we'll really miss this time. BTW, some of those primroses were for you, but I forgot to bring them to ballet.

Bonus Mom said...

I love sleeping pictures :) I do the same thing.

SSWS said...

I can so relate...and I eat toast too! And drink Ovaltine, or Hot Chocolate...something I have in common with my mom. Great post...and about your call....I'm thinking...and I'll let you know if I have an idea. love..sws