Friday, March 13, 2009

Workin' on the House

I have been dying to post this all day but the computer was giving me fits so I had to wait until the man of the house came home and made it behave. It is just killing me not to go at the house full speed and decorate like crazy. But there were some things that were damaged in the move and we can't fix them until the movers send their people to look at them, and it is hard to hang things on the wall when you don't know where large items are going to go. So I have had to make do with smaller areas. Of course I had to take before and after pictures to bore you with.
First the kid bathroom. Notice I didn't even edit the shampoo and toys for you? Because that is what was making me crazy. So yesterday I finally got around to making the shower curtain I have had planned. My mom had this fabric which I have loved for a long time. I am still looking for some really neat hangers to hang it with so the twill tape I made to tie it up there with will have to do for awhile.
I am much happier now! Plus you can sort of see this bathroom from the front door so I wanted it to look nice. Now if I can just get a picture hung in there!
One think I am learning this move is that I have a lot of old stuff, I mean we have been married almost 16 years and some of this stuff looks it. I am tired of the old stuff. So I have purged a lot lately. But some of it just needs a face lift.
See this pillow? I made it and its partner about 3 years ago. I love the vintage buttons but there are supposed to be three of them and they were always falling off.
I went bopping around the web and got inspired to make this one. My mom had given me a bunch of swatches she picked up so I used them for the squares. In fact the whole pillow was made from things I already had. I am really quite happy with it. Even if I did spend more time on that square with the word home stamped on it the the whole rest of the pillow! Now I just need to make another to go with it.
So that is my progress so far, not much but we will get there!

6 comments:

Circe said...

I love it all! Can't wait for more pictures. You are so creative and talented to whip together things like that at whirlwind speed.

Camille said...

Love the pillow. It looks great with that throw too. Good job using what you had. (Plus, I love red)

Natasha Burns said...

Looking fab girl! I actually like the way you've tied the shower curtain on, it's really clever!

Anonymous said...

Looks good so far Michelle! I bet it must be killing you to to be able to get everything organized. But in time it will all look wonderful and feel like home:)

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

I'm always amazed that people (like you) can get more decorating accomplished in a few short weeks than I have in 9 years. I love the red fabric for the shower curtain!
Can't wait to see more.

kimmygirl said...

keep it up! maybe your progress will inspire mine. i bought a new house in november...walls are still white, pictures are hung...but walls are still white.