Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my mom's birthday. I just had to post a little post in her honor. This sort of seems like an odd choice of pictures but it captures my childhood perfectly. It is Mom and me at an Easter egg dying party my mom had when we were kids. My mom made my childhood magical. It was full of fun, make-believe, love and discipline. Perfection. See the apron my mom is wearing? She still has it and I hope she never gets rid of it, it means childhood to me and reminds me of yummy chocolate chip cookies and Sunday dinners. Most of the crazy/fun stuff I do with my kids comes from my desire to be just like my mom and give them a magical childhood too. Happy Birthday Mom! We are so glad you are ours!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Is that your grandma in the background?

SarahSmiles

Circe said...

Your mom is the absolute best. How does she make everyone seel so special? Whatever it is, you have the same gift!

Michelle said...

Yes that is my grandma! And the back of Tiff's head! Thanks circ!

Queen Elizabeth said...

MY MOM'S too! Cool.

susette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Aww..you parents raised such a thoughtful daughter..great picture and I hope her birthday was a wonderful one:)

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Happy birthday Michelle's mom!!
Cute picture:)
Tracy

mysteryhistorymom said...

Love the picture! Happy Birthday to your Mom! She sounds exceptionally wonderful- just like you.:) Lori

Camille said...

Your mom is great! She had an impact on my childhood too, always so fun and loving. I still remember her birthday presents with giant bows of curly ribbon that had smarties and tootsie rolls tied up in the ribbon. That was magical!