Friday, March 06, 2009

We're Playing Hookee!

So today I decided that the kids and I would play hookee (have no idea how you spell that-spell check had no suggestions). I have the crude and they had dentist appointments and I figured by the time I took them to school and then got them out for the dentist they would only be there a few hours and today it just wasn't worth it. I am so glad we all stayed home together! Brittany and Josh got out all of her Littlest Pet Shop gear and had a ball for most of the morning. Matthew discovered a Lego set when we were unpacking that he is much better at now than he was in CA. So he had a grand time being Lego man. We had to take all these pictures so we could show Dad and still take them apart to make more.
Bonus, everyone did great at the dentist. Even Josh for his first time. It was a great day to spend time with my kids. My good friends have been having a major crisis with their little girl they adopted from China. There was a pretty well founded fear that she had cancer of the eye. Today they found out that although she cannot see in that eye, it is not cancer. It is always nice when someone elses trial provides me a lesson in appreciating my wonderful little world. Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Circe said...

What a fun day! You just might be the best mom as well as the best friend in the whole world. You're amazing! Thanks for so much support!

ittybittyandpretty said...

yes i held my little one a bit tighter yesterday as i was reading another ladies blog about her baby in heaven. i am blessed. i love days at home with my girls, i get a bit guilty cause i am a teacher and i know how important it is to send them but every now and then i need them more.
hope your friend can get through this hard news, obviously the baby is in a loving family so she will be fine.
%^_^%

Anonymous said...

Matthew is so handsome! Fun!
Sarah

Tammy said...

what a fun way to spend the day and have together time!!

Artfulife said...

So fun to see the kids having a "Mom" day as I like to call them. Hope you guys had a great weekend :)

Bonus Mom said...

I am thankful your friend's daughter does not have cancer.
On a lighter note Littlest Petshop happens to be the coolest in Gina's life right now. She loved Brittany's collection :)