Friday, April 03, 2009

A Birdie Swap

I signed up for a fun birdie swap. It should have made it to my partner by now so I thought I would share. I love doing swaps because they give me an excuse to try something new. I have been dying to try sculpting with paper clay. Jennie had a great tutorial on how to make a chickie so I decided to give it a whirl.

It was really fun! I turned mine into a blue bird. I will definitely be trying more of these. I think they would look really fun hanging from my chandelier for Easter.

This is the whole package. I decided to try a felt birdie on the tops of these boxes with some birdie jewelry inside.

I wanted it to look cute when she opened it too so I made little birdie bags to put things in. Another idea I saw on someone's blog. It was great fun, hope





6 comments:

ittybittyandpretty said...

i have two bags of paper clay that have been sitting here since last year. i really want ot have a go was it easy, once you open the pack do you have to use it all? your chik is very cute. i must pop over to the tutorial. your partner will love it.
%*_*% rosey

Circe said...

I love all the pretty stuff! It's so springy.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I birdie swap is like, the best thing i can think of, really!!! xoxo

mysteryhistorymom said...

Michelle- You did an amazing job! Such a lovely presentation, too! I know that Cristin must have loved everything.:) Lori

Artfulife said...

So super cute!

Artfulife said...

P.S. I think that bird is just adorable. You should absolutely make more.