Monday, April 13, 2009

I Love to See the Temple!

Part of our Spring Break activities included a stop at Temple Square. Okay I have to admit Dad rounded the block with the kids in the car while Mom raced across the street to try and snap some pictures. I have been wanting a new picture of the Salt Lake Temple to hang in the new house and my mom has me adopting her goal of having unique items in my home. It is fun to have something that you know no one else has in their home. So visiting and getting myself my own version of at Temple picture was something I really have been wanting to do.
I like this one but the unknown people in it sort of bug me.
So I tried it in sepia, I think the unknown folks are a little less obvious.
There is now more gorgeous time of year to visit Temple Square in my opinion. Look at the trees in bloom!

Luckily I didn't look like too much of and odd-ball running (literally!) around snapping. Lots of other folks had the same idea. Does that still make mine an original?
Can't decide if I like the pale colors or want to go with a sepia.
I am so glad Spring is coming!

6 comments:

Circe said...

I love your pictures, especially the first and last ones. And I love your version of visiting Temple Square. We did the drive-by for the Christmas lights, and it was warm and comfy in the car as we admired the lights. We still got hot chocolate after, though!

Janice said...

You amaze me.

Little Brown Nuthatch said...

I love the sepia photos. The people in it just adds to the illusion of it looking old. At first I was wondering if you had somehow gotten ahold of some old photos to go along with your new ones. I also love your blog name. I saw it on someone's list of inspirational blogs and couldn't resist taking a look.

Anonymous said...

I love them! I am sure that they will still be original! I can't wait to see it hanging in your house! What a great idea.

SarahSmiles

Jennie said...

What a great idea. Maybe I'll have to try the run and shoot approach the next time I'm in SLC.

Tiff said...

I want the last one of the temple!! My birthday is coming.... How about an 8X10 or 11X13 hint-hint...I'll frame it... Love you. Your favorite sister!