Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think I have mentioned how I use my blog as my own little online cookbook. It i just so easy to find my favorite recipes here once I have posted them. So when I wanted to make our favorite mint chocolate chip cookies this weekend and couldn't find the pitiful, stained scrap of paper I have had the recipe on for years I figured I had better post it to avoid future crisis. These cookies are made with these chips.

Yep, the same ones I used to make green fudge with. That post is here, just in case you want some for Easter. They are easy to find if you live in Utah, any Thriftway market like Dan's or Macy's have them. I couldn't find them in California so I would hoard the ones I bought when we went home.

So here is the recipe.
In a bowl combine 21/4 C flour, 2/3 C cocoa powder, 1 t Baking soda, 1/4 t salt. In a mixer beat together 1 C shortening, 3/4 C sugar, 2/3 C brown sugar, 1 t vanilla. Add 2 eggs one at a time. Then slowly spoon in dry ingredients while mixer combines them. Add chips. I actually use about 3/4 of the bag but that is probably because I have to eat at least a handful while making them. Bake for 7-10 minutes at 350.

You will hate me for this recipe, you will want to eat the entire batch. Especially if they are warm. Although they are a handy weapon to have in your arsenal. I can get my kids to do just about anything if I promise to make these!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made cookies today that look like those except that I used white chocolate chips.

Those both look delicious! I love your fudge! It is scrumptous! Did I spell that right?, Brittany.

SarahSmiles

Queen Elizabeth said...

I believe it is a good thing that I have never seen those chips out here. Looks delicious!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

You know Michelle, I'm gonna have to stop visiting your blog if you keep showing these yummy things!! I've been running every day in my effort to be fit before I turn 40.
I love, love, love mint chip. I'll have to try these and give the rest away...maybe I'll send the rest to YOU!

vivian said...

mmmm... looks delicious!
hugs
viv

love.boxes said...

oh! Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!