Sunday, June 07, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

*Little flu update* Well all five us have now fallen. William fell victim this morning. Let's just hope this means it is over because if we go through another round we are going to need the second string mother to come in. This one is worn out.

It was my dad's birthday yesterday. During an interlude when we thought we were done with the flu we got together at my parents' house to celebrate. You know you are a fun grandpa when you allow this much helping with the opening of your gifts.


This is very typical. All the grown-ups are inside visiting while the kids are outside playing. Except where is the Birthday Boy? Out playing with the grandkids. Can you tell why they think he is the best?
It has been a very unique month. My Gram that passed away is my Dad's mother. It was a very special experience to watch my dad say goodbye to his mother. The tenderness and care he showed her those last days were just a sample of how he has always been with his mom. I was so proud to be his daughter, well I always am.
I hope you had a great day Dad because we all love you so much! Now I just hope we didn't leave you with the gift of the flu!

6 comments:

Circe said...

Your dad is great. I always thought he was one of the coolest dads...never dorky or boring! I'm sorry about the flu! Bring your dis over here to teach my kids some crafts and go home and take a nap!

Circe said...

kids. I don't know how I typed dis instead of kids. Anyhow...

Christine said...

What a wonderful tribute to your dad..hope he had a great one despite the last few weeks being a difficult one~

As for all of you being sick..yikes!Hope this passes quickly and you are all on teh road to recovery :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michelle for your kind words, I love each of you and I had a wonderful Birthday and best of all, no flu as yet!!
Love, Dad

love.boxes said...

.. and you know he's a great Dad because his daughter wrote such lovely things about him.. and what great photos!

Camille said...

What a fun grandpa and what a great yard! It seems giant compared to what we have here in my neighborhood. Sorry you have all been so sick, I hope your dad is still well...