Monday, June 01, 2009

Slow Cooker Mud Cake

It was my niece Abby's birthday party last weekend. My sister (she is the one with the cake) made her an adorable swimming pool cake. It was a big hit with the kids.
She made this for the grown-ups. Oh. My. Goodness. This one was worth breaking all my good intentions in the food department. It is a Chocolate Mud cake you cook in your slow cooker. It was sooooo rich and yummy. Be warned though ice cream was mandatory. I meant to take a picture of my dish with ice added but I was too excited and forgot. My sister found the recipe here. I am thinking of trying it gluten-free. I will post it if it works. In the meantime, if you are looking for a treat give it a whirl. Oh, and even the air in your house will taste good while it cooks. Smells delicious.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

You know that I will SO have to try this. I will return and report. :)

Janice said...

I have made that cake many times and it really is awesome.

Tiffany said...

Funny, I was just poking around in MMB and stumbled across this post. I'd love to hear if your cake works gluten free. I checked out your other GF recipes and they look good, especially the lemon chicken. Tiffany, from the gluten-free monkey