Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This is my girl. My one and only girl. Lucky for me she is a kindred spirit because it is she and I against the boys. We like all the same things, sewing, painting, crafting, dolls and of course books. She even takes reading and multi-tasking even farther than I do. She is always packing some new book on tape around on the Walkman so she can swing outside or rider her bike or do chores. She is ten today. Double digits. I just can't believe it. She is the one who taught me that each new stage kids enter is more fun than the last. We are hoping this stays true into the teens.
Brittany you are so smart, and funny and beautiful. There is absolutely no one I would have to be my one and only daughter. I hope you have a perfect birthday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Brittany! Nice picture! I hope you have a very fun day! I am sure your Mom has lots of fun stuff planned!

SarahSmiles

Circe said...

I agree. Brittany is wonderful! She is definitely your daughter, which is a wonderful compliment. We just love her. And she's a beautiful dancer, too!

Janice said...

My oldest will be 10 in about a week.

Bonus Mom said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed yourself to the fullest! 10!!!

love.boxes said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! I agree with Circe.. you are becoming a very lovely dancer! .. and you certainly have become a great reader.. you mom and grandma and your friend Tif are very proud!