Thursday, June 11, 2009

Off to a Good Start

Well we are finally finding a summer groove. It took us a couple of days to realize it really is summer. Of course it would help if the sun would shine a bit more.

But we have managed a day or two at the park including chalk drawings. This is Matthews bloody-toothed shark.

And a team effort on an octopus.

We love the local library's summer reading program. I highly recommend checking with your public library for summer fun. Our library in California had a fun one too. They usually have great afternoon activities like puppet shows, magic shows and fun science. We seem to need some sort of outing each day and this is a great, free one.

So far we have been to a really fun puppet show. Brittany even got to be a character.

Matthew begged to try the cupcake toppings "like Shaggy" the other day. Hope you are having fun too!

5 comments:

Jared McInelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

This makes me excited for Summer! My kids still have to go to school through next week. Bummer.

Circe said...

Looks like so much fun! But you could have so much MORE fun if you didn't have to watch your TV shows live. You don't have DVR? Oh, I'll talk to Wm! It's like 5 bucks a month! You can record kid shows and have them ready. I don't know what I'd do without 6 episodes of Curious George at my fingertips! :)

Anonymous said...

We finally made it to the puppet show yesterday. It was so much fun! Very crowded, but fun! Way to go Brittany. I printed a schedule of the library activities so that we can keep going.

SarahSmiles

Natasha Burns said...

Love the chalk drawings, too cute! Glad you're enjoying Summer, hope it's a nice hot one for you. We're definitely in Winter here and I'm not loving it. Think I should move to the US and Europe every year from May to October....hmmm now that's a thought!