Saturday, June 07, 2008

Being June Cleaver!

I finished a couple of fun aprons yesterday. I needed to make something with all the crazy kid stuff going on around here. So I worked on these. I needed to finish one for the apron swap I am supposed to send off Monday. To tell you the truth I made this one first:



And then I liked it so much I couldn't bear to part with it! I know, that is awful! But this swap you didn't communicate with your partner and so I don' actually know her favorite colors. So how tragic would it be if I sent it and she didn't like pink so she never used it! I couldn't stand the thought,especially since it is all my favorite colors. So I made this one.



Truthfully it actually turned out better, it was the first time I had used this pattern. I love this pattern! If anyone invites me to a bridal shower anytime soon they will be getting one of these!

I just love how I feel a little like June Cleaver in it! Honest, I feel like making a better dinner when I am wearing it and how can that be bad!

8 comments:

quiltdude said...

They are both lovely Michelle. Where did you get the pattern from?
I think my favourite is the red one, but then red is my favourite colour.
Clare x

love.boxes said...

Those are fun. I like them both.

Bonus Mom said...

So cute! I think I am in the same swap, and it is difficult. I love the way the apron I made turned out, but I am with you. Will she like it? I don't think she has a blog, so it is really a blind swap!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Cute aprons Michelle! I can see why you would wante to keep them:)
I think I like the red one best as well.
Tracy

Heleen said...

Hello Michelle,
It's great you want to be my swap partner! Your doll's are so pretty!
This swap will turn out fabulous.

Anonymous said...

What a fun pattern! I love the scallop detail on the bottom...
-Heather

Tracy said...

I love your aprons, they're so pretty!
Tracy

Elisa said...

You are so awesome! Those little 4-H sewing classes we took really paid off for you!! :>) Those aprons are lovely!