Thursday, June 19, 2008

We are outta here!


Hip-hip-hurrah! Today we hit the road! I don't know if I was this excited when we went to Hawaii! Really, I mean is there any place like the place where you grew up, especially when your family is still there?

Of course being me I had to try and squeeze a few last projects in before I go. One of our big activities while we are there is a big family reunion with my dad's brothers and their families. We haven't done this since I think I was twelve. Should be really fun! So I decided it would be fun to make every little famliy a copy of my grandparents wedding photo. Of course you can't just hand them a copy of a photo, you must collage it! So here they were yesterday trying to bake in the sun. All eleven of them. I know, I am crazy. It is what makes me the Michelle we all know and love right? Right?

So here is the finished result. I am really happy with them, even if the picture here is not great, it was late when I took the photo and I had to use a weird angle to keep it from glaring. Shiny, shiny modge podge. Love it! Most of all I love the perfect quote my super friend Tif helped me with. It says "There is nothing like a dream to create the future" by Victor Hugo. Isn't that perfect? Thanks Tif!

So think of me Friday when we are doing the big stretch to Utah, we decided to leave tonight and go as far a Tahoe to make it a bit easier on all of us. Let's hope no one gets too stir crazy. The kids will probably be fine, I will be the one going nuts! Oh, and I am trying to schedule some posts to post themselves while I am gone so don't abandon me altogether! Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday too! Love you guys!

9 comments:

The Mom said...

It's not that far girl :) We drive it in one stretch all the time ;) Try going to Canada ;) Hope you have a wonderful time while you're in Utah visiting! Come visit us if you have a chance - we'd love to see you!!!

Heleen said...

I wish you and your family happy times together!!

Jennifer said...

Have a great trip, Michelle! I love the wedding photo, by the way! GREAT job! I'm putting your swap package in the mail soon - hopefully over the weekend, but definitely by Monday! Hope you like everything!

Jennifer :-)

Janice said...

Wow! I LOVE that idea.

Natasha Burns said...

Have fun Michelle, I'll be thinking of you! The gifties you made are so lovely and thoughtful!

love.boxes said...

Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Boy that's a long drive! Have fun and enjoy each day:) Great collage and you are crazy like me in that we both try to squeeze in a project..haha!

Circe said...

I can feel the Michelle energy getting closer and closer!

Unknown said...

Hope you are having a lovely time at the family reunion. I love the photos and the artwork you made with them.
Tammy