Friday, June 13, 2008

What are you doing for Father's Day?



So it is Father's Day this weekend! We have a kind of a tradition on Father's Day where the kids usually make something for our Dad to go along with his other presents but let's face it, it is hard to think of something kid-made that Dad will actually use. This year I like what we made so much I thought I would share and it is so easy that if you have a Kinkos or print shop near you there is still time to do it before Sunday.

We made these great notepads for our dad and grandpas! Each page is decorated with an illustration created by one of my kids. I got this idea from one of the moms in Kindergarten, she had each kid do a picture then gave it to our fabulous teacher. I think they are going to look great on Dad's desk.

So here is all you need to do. Have your kids each draw some pictures in black ink on white paper. We discovered a fine tip marker shows up best, only some of our pictures were drawn this way and I wish they all were. This was great because it kept my kids busy for awhile yesterday too! I had them each sign their pictures so Dad and Grandpa will know who drew it.



Then shrink each picture down on a copy machine. 35% worked just about right. Then you just take them to Kinkos and tadah! They can make it into a notebook for you! I see lots of these in our future!



What are you doing for your dads, I could still use some last minute ideas!




** Just because I love to share good news, I have to let you know my friend Tif is giving away this beautiful box so hop over there and see if it just might be your lucky Friday the 13th!

4 comments:

M Plamondon said...

The notepad is such a great idea!! Thanks!!

Debra Johnson said...

Oh!! I love this and I'm using it - thank you sooo much we were just thinking through some ideas...and this will work perfectly!! Thank you SO much for sharing! BTW - I love the little art your kids did!

SSSooo great...I just ushered my 11 year old off to draw with a maker!We'll see WHAT she comes back with!
Thanx!

mysteryhistorymom said...

What an excellent idea! Thanks so much for sharing! Homemade gifts are the best.:-) Lori

noodle and lou said...

Hi Michelle!! What a cuuuute idea! Tell Brittany that is the sweetest drawing ever!!!! I'm feeling super guilty that I didn't send my Dad anything yet! I forgot to bring his present to Florida and it was too late to mail out once we arrived home! eeeek. Poor Dad!

Enjoy your weekend!!!! xoxo...jenn