Thursday, June 05, 2008

Throwback Thursday!

Well, this is going to be a birthday edition of Throwback Thursday. My sister's birthday was last week and my Dad's is tomorrow. I missed my sister's so I am going to combine the two here and it gets kind of long so bear with me!
My dad is the cutest dad ever!












How many dads do you know that would let their baby sleep on his head! I love this picture.






Here is a similar one with Dad me and my little sister Tiffany.






I have always adored my little sister. It has been so fun being her big sister and I take that title very seriously, whether she wanted me too or not! I still love her this much!




My Mom always made us the cutest matching dresses growing up. There were matching purses to go along with the gloves too. I always loved dressing in matching outfits. I don't even remember why we stopped. It wasn't at my suggestion I am sure, we would probably still be doing it today if she would let me!












I think this is my all-time favorite family portrait. Beats everything we have had since! Aren't we just the cutest family ever?! I think it is my dad's too. I understand that now I am a parent. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just freeze snatches of our lives and hope back in. I think this would be one of those for our little family. I think we would all hop back in this picture for a day or two. My parents created such a fun, safe, loving place for my sister and I to grow up and we had a great time doing it together!






See the dolls we are got this Christmas morning? Well there would be looooots of time spent playing with them and the dishes. I had lots of friends growing up but they were sort of an extra the way I saw it. I played pretty much every single day, especially in the summer with my built in best friend Tiffany. The poor little thing was always game for whatever imaginary thing I cooked up, and really she was very good at imagining too!






Because this is a birthday post it only seems right to put a birthday cake in here. It just happens to be mine but I will share it with my sister today. I am entering the ugly stage in this one but my sister is still super cute!












Here we are with my dad on a long awaited trip to Disneyland(mom is taking the picture not that weird woman walking behind my dad). See how happy my dad looks there in the middle of girls? He always seemed that way. Always swore he was happy to have to girls and be the only man in the house. Some men might have wished to have the odds evened out a bit but not my dad. He always made it seem he was so lucky to have two girls.

I am so grateful for the family that I come from. I would not be able to raise the family I have now without them. My mom and dad both taught me how to raise children. My dad showed me the kind of man I should look for to marry. My sister helped me discover how much fun growing up can be, something I try to remember with my kids. Happy Birthday Dad and Tiff!

12 comments:

Circe said...

Your parents are so much fun. I admire them for raising such happy, imaginative and wonderful daughters!

Elisa said...

I can't get over how much you two looked like twins! Too much fun! Happy birthday Michelle's Dad & Tiffany!

Janice said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!

Alison Gibbs said...

What a fun family Birthday post. Happy Birthday to Tiffany and your Dad
Alison

Bonus Mom said...

How sweet! Sisters are the best friends. Your childhood looks like it was a lot of fun!

love.boxes said...

Love those photos! You have a super fun family!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Michelle- Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love the pictures of when you were little with your family. I know you must treasure them (the pictures and your family). I have very few pictures of when I was little-I think that's why I take so many now. Makes my kids crazy, but one day they will appreciate it.:-)

Lori

Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to your family :) Happy Birthday to all..it's a bday month for us too. Cute pics of you guys growing up:)

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Michelle,
What a sweet post....made me want to call my sister. I think I have the same Disney photo with my family!
Have Brittany check my new post. Lil duckling pictures! They are/were too cute. Born and gone all in a day. It must be rough to be a baby duck:)
Have a great weekend!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Thanks for the special birthday treat. It was fun to relive in my mind those special years as you and Tiff grew up to be such fine mothers and wives. I truly love and appreciate each memory and what those memories mean as it relates to the present. A father could not be prouder of his daughters, always have been and always will be. Thanks for being you, it has been my priviledge and honor and delight to be your father.
Love,
Papa Bear

Camille said...

I love it when you do these throw back posts because it reminds me of my childhood. Those younger pictures of you and Tiff are so familiar to me and I love taking those jogs down memory lane. It reminds me of those backyard BBQ's at Grandma's house and all the family parties. What fun times.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I finally gpt to my computer! Loved all the pictures!!!! And all the fun ideas! Much love and see you all soon! Much love, A. Carol