Thursday, June 12, 2008

Throw-back Thursday!

I am sooooo sad today. It is the last day of school. I know, it should be a day of great celebration. It always has been, but not today. I don't know if it is because my little family has survived so much change this year that both my kids finishing such a great school year feel like a wonderful accoplisment or the fact that my kids are growing up so fast I have to mourn the lose of one more year of having "little kids".




Here they are this morning in the parking lot on the last day of school. That Matthew always closes his eyes!




The end of the year business has got me all nostalgic so for Throw-back Thursday I have been thinking of my own public school career. Here is how it started. My Kindergarten class in 1976. I am on the front row on the right hand side on the end. Miss Loveboxes herself is right behind me in the green dress and The Motherboard is on the other end of the front row. See when I say they are childhood friends I really mean it!




Here is how it ended. Sorry about the photo quality, it was a shinLook at all that big hair! So funny, this group of some of my closest friends drove to the school together and of course we had to primp in the bathroom before the ceremony started. All of a sudden we realized we would have to split up to line up for the proceessional and then turn in our gowns right after the ceremony. So this was our only chance to take pictures in our gowns together. Thus we have the graduates standing together in the bathroom picture!

I am sooooo grateful today for wonderful teachers. The ones who have blessed my children's lives this year with their kindness and patience. They have given them wonderful gifts this year, gifts of knowledge, self esteem, friendship and stability. There is no way I could ever thank them enough. Then there are the teachers who have shaped me. I am so grateful to them, again there is no way to thank them enough.

So now we need to break out the otter pops and swim suits and start the business of summer fun. The mother will try and stop her blubbeing now!

11 comments:

Bonus Mom said...

I love your throw back Thursday today! The big hair and all. I swam all afternoon in the pool today with my Gina and nephew Baylor, and you know what, we were eating otter pops LOL!
*Unfortunately I am sun burned too*

love.boxes said...

I see a few other faces in that Kindergarten photo that I recognize as well!

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay, you totally have to e-mail me and tell me where you went to HS. I wore that exact same baby-poop yellow graduation gown!

blackeyedsue2@gmail.com

mysteryhistorymom said...

LOVE the kindergarten picture! It was so fun to see all of you (Motherboard, Loveboxes and YOU!) together when you were little! It's so cute! I know we could all be great friends- I even have all of you listed in my favorites and I had no idea you were friends!:-) Lori

Janice said...

Love the 80's hair. My hair looked just like that at my graduation.

Anonymous said...

That kindergarten class picture reminds me of my K class..did you guys fight over who would get the bikes and scooters at recess too?! hehe..I know I will feel the same about my son the way you feel about yours growing up..a little sad that they're not babes anymore;/ Have a wonderful weekend!
~Christine:)

quiltdude said...

Don't you think time gets faster and faster once your kids are in the school system? I can't believe another school year is just about over and my eldest has officially left, I'm sure she just started nursery a couple of years ago!!
Love your pictures especially the big hair....ah the memories of the 80's.

Circe said...

Transitions are so sad! But you're going to have a really fun summer.

Natasha Burns said...

Awww Michelle how precious! I love how you girls have been lifelong friends and still are. And how sad the kids are going to stop being 'little' soon : ( maybe time to have another one or two or three? LOL!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Wow, I haven't checked in in a few days and look at all I've missed....makes me tired just reading about your week, LOL! I love all the photos and I too am a bit sad about the end of school. My baby is going to "Big kid school" next year. Boo hoo....
Oh well, enjoy it while we can, right?
Have a nice weekend Michelle and rest up!
Tracy

Elisa said...

Ahhh. That kindergarten photo is darling of us all. We were darling weren't we??

I am still amazed with how BIG our hair was! what WERE we thinking??

Fun post. Otter pops will save you. I promise... we eat them for breakfast around here!!