Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday Update! Robots, Ballet and Pink hair?

Another week is gone! I can't believe it, we have less than three weeks until we go to Utah! Hurrah! This next week is super busy, even more busy than the one that is over. Here is what we have been up too.
Our ward had a talent show for the kids. Among other things my kids submitted Matthew and I made a robot/dog sculpture.
We glued all of the leftover "technology" parts he loves to take apart

and then spray painted it silver. I think we were both happy with the result.

I love when these rare moments happen. They built it together too.


It was ballet recital day yesterday

Keep in mind that we are used to recitals being a BIG deal. As in live orchestra, day long dress rehearsals, gorgeous costumes. This was very simple. Less than an hour long, very informal and no costumes. I have to say I did really miss all the pomp and gorgeousness we are used to but it was also a real pleasure this time of year not to have one more big stressor.

And Brittany was lovely and enjoyed herself.

We sold my little white car yesterday. This is Matthew waving goodbye. Goodbye little car, you served us well!

And in anticipation of our trip to Utah I had my hair done. I just love it!

Did I get you?! My sweetie friend Vanessa emailed me this today after I wished on her blog to someday have pink hair. This proves my theory that Vanessa is really a fairy girl and if you make a wish known to her it just might come true!
Have a great week! Oh, and don't be concerned, we haven't sold Joshua to the circus yet, although after his behavior in church today that is probably where he belongs! He just isn't in this weeks pictures I guess!

7 comments:

Elisa said...

I love the pink hair! Thing 3 will be so jealous! She wants pink hair more than anything... so much so that she took a pink chapstick and rubbed it all over her hair. I bet yours comes out easier than ours! You look lovely!

love.boxes said...

Great pink Hair Michelle!

As far as the ballet thing goes.. c is in both casts again so it's a full week of it... I'm excited for her, but it won't be restful. :)

Circe said...

I'm horrified that you sold the Jetta. I almost started crying! I scared Golda when I gasped at the news. Love the pink hair! Tell B. congrats on her recital. I'm so proud of my little student! :)

Janice said...

Those blue eyes on your son are SOOOOO beautiful! So did you upgrade to a mini van?

Michelle said...

No go on the minivan! Crazy aren't we?! But the gas is so outrageus and we seem to do okay in our passat! Someday maybe we will cave in and get one but then I figure before too long Brittany can sit in the front seat so we would only have to suffer when we are all in there together which isn't too often...

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, you look beautiful!

SSWS said...

Love the pink Hair. Brooke would be so proud. I, too, will miss your white Jetta. Glad to hear your are coming soon to the Beehive. We will definitely throw a party.