Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Host


In the middle of all this end of school madness I have been reading The Host by Stephanie Myers. For those of you who might not be familiar she is the author of Twilight and Eclipse or as I like to call them "the vampire books". This one is not about vampires but it is definitely science fiction. I am not a fan of science fiction so it took me awhile to get into this one. And even then I kept thinking "This is a Weird book!" But by the time I was half way in I was totally sucked in. Her writing is very captivating If you are even thinking or reading it you have to go read my friend Circe's post she wrote as she was reading it, hilarious! I have tried to decide if this was a book I would recommend, which is a different thought process than usual because the book is so different from what I usually read. I probably wouldn't have read it if I hadn't read the first two. I did end up enjoying it so I would recommend it, you just have to stick with it. I liked it, but didn't love it.

6 comments:

Circe said...

First two? You didn't read the third vampire book?? New Moon. You must have read it!

Michelle said...

You're right Circ, I did read all three! What did you think of the host?

love.boxes said...

Couldn't get into these.. but glad you finished it! :)

Circe said...

The Host was like eating cookie dough. It was so sugary and yummy, I couldn't stop. I can't figure out why there's no nutritional value in these books. Her writing is great. I never find myself annoyed like I do when the writer isn't very good. Maybe it's that she goes into such detail about the thoughts and emotions of the character, yet not much happens. You want to find out what happens, but you have to wade through so much angst to get there. I have to say, I loved all her books, but I don't know why. did you know her sister is married to one of our DHS friends? Oh, and PS - I'm glad housewife isn't a word you would use to describe me! :)

Michelle said...

That is it exactly Circe! You got it perfectly right as alway!

Elisa said...

Glad to hear about this book... someone gave it to me today for my birthday. Twilight wasn't my favorite... but i will try anything once.

Her sister lives in my stake... their ward meets after mine...