Saturday, June 14, 2008

Guess we are turning into Hippies!

We had a great time today at Brittany's birthday party. We had it early so we could fit it in before our trip to Utah. So we only had two friends and her. Highly recommend this! We were able to do more involved crafts because there weren't as many kids to manage. We tie-dyed shirts and painted canvases. I had so much fun tie-dying with the girls I started tying up everything is sight and throwing it in a pot.



Here are the girls working on their shirts.



And here is what I tie-dyed. I know it looks like I really got carried away but I had sort of planned on this happening so I had two new t-shirts to make into purple shirts for Brittany and Matthew to wear for spirit days next year. And then I took Karla's tip and threw in any shirt of mine that was dingy or stained.



I also needed a few baby gifts for my trip and I thought these would look cute tied up with a ribbon and would fit in my limited space.

So I guess this means we are all turning into little Hippies!

8 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Too much fun! We did this one 4th of July and I know what you mean about wanting to dye everything!:-) What a fun birthday party! I love the idea of tie dying onesies for babies, too! Lori

Jennie said...

So fun. How wise to only have a few kids over. I'll have to try and talk my kids into that one some day. It sounds like a dream.

Janice said...

Oh, I am so going to do this with my kids next week.

quiltdude said...

that looks like a whole lot of fun, what a great idea for a party.
XClare

Bonus Mom said...

Isn't dyeing the best. My kids love their tye dyed stuff, I guess we all have a little hippie in us. They look like they had a blast!

Circe said...

Teach me how to make those shirts come out so cute!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, Loved your page! We are at 90 deg today and it feels good. We had a nice Fathers' Day with Jim, Michelle & kids. Bob golfed with Jim & Mike W in the a.m. Karen, Mike and kids have been in Calif for a week. Should be home in an hour. We have been tending 2 birds. Can't wait to see you guys!! Love A. Carol

Anonymous said...

I got this page again. Hmmmm still need practice. Love, A. Carol