Wednesday, August 22, 2007



Apple Tart!

Are you getting the feeling I am baking a lot lately? I think it is the cool mornings here, I like baking more when it isn't heating the whole house. Anyway, we found apples on sale yesterday so I thought I would make hubby an apple tart. It turned out pretty yummy for gluten-free and the best part was that I came up with a crust that will be handy for other cheesecake-type desserts. Here is the recipe, you can make it gluten-free or for normal people!

Crust: 1 1/3 C rice flour for gluten-free or wheat flour for standard recipe

3/4 C melted butter

2/3 C sugar Stir that together and press into springform pan. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. In mixer combine 8 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 2 t. vanilla 2/3 c sugar. Mix until smooth and pour over crust when it comes out. Carefully arrange peeled and sliced apples on top and bake at 375 for about 40-45 minutes. Cool and refrigerate. The recipe says to drizzle a marmalade heated with a bit of water to thin it on top but we didn't do that as it seems plenty sweet. It also called for 2 packages of cream cheese but I only had one, you could add it if you wanted more cheesecake in that layer. I forgot to take the picture before we sliced into it, but you can see we liked it that way! I am going to make this more in the autumn I think.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Looks WONDERFUL!

love.boxes said...

Looks delish!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

OH my ~ that looks so yummy.

Hope you are having a great week.

Blessings,
Sandy :)

Erika Cass Designs said...

Mmmmm! That looks scrumptious!! Thank you for the recipe! :o) Wait a minute, what am I saying! Bad bad, do not make tart or it will destroy diet! LOL! I'll make it anyway. :oP

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm....I am so wanting some of that right now! It looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

I love that, gluten free, or for normal people. hheeee heee.. You hubby is sooo lucky to have you to make such wonderul trests for him!!!! xxo

Liz said...

wow- that lookd awesome!