Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Just a quick little post today.

I wasn't going to post pictures of the family room until the additional sofa we have ordered comes but I decided to put a little up today anyhow.







This is the only picture I can find of the before. The blue rug has left this room for obvious reasons.











And this is the after. I am so much happier with it now! Although the little quote above the mantel is going to be redone in larger letters and possibly a different quote. But it is okay for now. I am still looking for a good one, maybe something about families and time since it is above the clock. Hopefully we will add a rug eventually too.







8 comments:

Amanda Edwards said...

I can't get over how big your house is. It is so much bigger than what we have in Australia. Well, there are huge houses but they are like several million dollars! Normal rooms in regular houses are half the size of what you have shown here!

Diane Duda said...

It looks great! If I had that much space in my living room I'd spin around in it all day long. Well, until I got dizzy, anyway. :)

HippieDog said...

Hi lovely gal!! Thanks for visiting me!! I'm so glad you are a Utah gal!! You know it's funny, we have always wanted to move to Northern Cal---not sure if you're in the Northern area but my husband said that is the only place that I could handle because I would still have my four seasons. He's from Seattle and moved here to be with me 8 years ago! I will have to grab some recipes from you for my Dad, he will be so happy! Please keep in touch and I will visit often :)Maybe we should pull a "The Holiday" and swap houses for vacationing!! LOL xo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That quote is a lovely one! And the color you chose really warms the room up.

Kerri W. said...

What a lovely room! I adore the wall color (I'm stuck w/ white walls all around - darn renting this apartment!) and the quote above the clock (which is totally something I'd do!). You have a great sense of decorating.

Camille said...

I love the red and black.... cute idea to do a quote on the wall too.

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Michelle,
I have a great quote that I read somewhere years ago that I painted onto a canvas and then put in my family room. Not sure who wrote it.
Family faces are magic mirrors.
Looking at people who belong to us we see the past present and future.
When someone first comes to our house you can see them standing there, reading it and then understanding what it means.
Then they smile.