Friday, August 10, 2007





The Fairies are Coming!

We have decided to make Brittany's room a fairy room now instead of a ballerina room. So I decided to try collage. Just let me say right now, it was harder than I thought! I see so many amazing collage artists in the blog-world and I thought, "I can probably do that". Well, it was a lot harder than I thought to know where to start and where to stop! I decided to take some of Brittany's pictures growing up and turn them into fairies. It was really fun, although I am not sure it turned out like I thought it would, but then I didn't really have a great vision. Perhaps that was my problem. Hope you can tell that they are supposed to be sitting in different flowers. I did that little one on a 4x5 canvas and I almost like it the best. I was very happy to find Natasha's tutorial on crepe paper ruffles, the timing was perfect. I also tried to turn one of the ballerinas I had done for her recital into a fairy. If you click on her you can see that she has fairy wings now. All in all it was fun and Brittany seems to be happy with them. We are making some little fairies to hang from her canopy so I will show pics when we finish. Lots of fairy love to all!!!

9 comments:

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Oh how adorable! I love to do collages and just started myself. I was thrilled as well to find the crepe paper ruffle as I've struggled with that.
As a mom of 3 boys I don't have many things around that are Pink-hehehe.

Have a wonderful weekend.

love.boxes said...

I love the sparkle fairy wings. How did you make those?

Anonymous said...

Fairy land... Yippeeee. Oh, why can't they be fairy ballerinas??? That would be fun?? xoxoxo

Michelle said...

Love boxes, tacky glue and fine glitter! Yes, we are still finding glitter around the house!

Sarah Smiles said...

Wow! You are so talented! They are awesome.

Debra from Bungalow said...

Very pretty, Your collages turned out great. I loved them all.

Thank you for dropping by my blog and your nice comments. I will add you to my blog list. :)

Becca said...

How cute! I love the crepe paper ruffle. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the fairies, can't wait to see more!

Alison Gibbs said...

Great job on your first collages!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'll bet she loves them! so cute!