Monday, August 06, 2007





Look where we went this weekend!

Well, we got out our little Family-fun in Northern California book and went adventuring! We decided to go check out Berkley, kind of an odd choice, but it was pretty close. Our book talked about a spot where there was a pier that went out into the bay and had lots of people flying beach kites. Aren't they amazing?! The kid loved them. We also saw sailboats and people with alot more coordination than me wind surfing. It was a lot of fun.

Then the temptation of San Francisco right across the bay was just too much and we decided we just had to try it. So this is a picture taken as we are crossing the Bay Bridge. I have to say I was glad when we got to the other side after the events in Minnesota. So we get into the city and are so proud of ourselves. Then it sort of dawns on us as we find Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 that Saturday night is probably not the easiest time for this adventure with three kids and a stroller. So it was kind of like, "Look kids, the big city! Oh, sorry we aren't getting out of the car." But it was fun anyhow and now we know we can do it! Have a great Monday, and don't forget to enter for the drawing tomorrow. For my folks who don' t have accounts, remember you can leave a comment by just clicking on comments, typing in the box and clicking anonymous. But don't forget to leave your name in case you win!

7 comments:

Sarah Smiles said...

How fun! I am also very glad you crossed the bridge safely! It's like you live in a vacation spot. or what used to be a vacation spot for you and still is for me. someday, I hope to come visit you.

Amanda Edwards said...

I am so glad you are having so much fun in your new area! are you feeling that you miss any of your old home town things?

Michelle said...

I miss lots of things from home! Would you believe there are so many less places to find fabric and crafty stuff here than in my little town? And let's not even get started on the people I miss because then I will just be crying!

Anonymous said...

My goodness! Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Anonymous said...

MICHELLE . DAD AND I LOVED THE PICTURE OF THE BRIDGE. BUT YOU ARE
HEREBY BANNED FROM CROSSING ANY BRIDGES THAT HAVE NOT PASSED THE PARENTS APPROVAL LIST FOR SAFETY!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
It looks like such a beautiful day...your photos are wonderful! And it sounds like you all had a fantastic time!!
Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!!
I am at your mom and dad's and love your web site. This picture brought the funniest memory from when Bob and I visisted San Francisco (That was his favorite city ever.) We ( I really think it must have been me) decided to WALK across the Golden Gate Bridge. Do Not try this ever. When we got to the first tower, we thought we were 1/2 way HAHA) so we continued to WALk,WALK, AND WALK, FOR A LONG TIME. The traffic whizzed by at top speeds, the wind blew us like never before, but we reached the other side. We made it. However we quickly found out there was not publivc transportation back!! I begged a ride from a tour bus rider who let us join his tourand said he picked up two hitch hikers from Minnesota.

I love your new house. When are you ready for company??

Aunt Diane