Saturday, August 04, 2007


Oh what a great mail day!
Some times around here we have a reallygood mail day and the mail man brings treasures, but yesterday was a really GREAT mail day! Look at the fabulous fairy charm that I will probably be wearing every day I am not wearing my rose charm from Karla.
I found it on etsy. I think one of the best about it, other than the fact that it is just gorgeous, it that it is two sided! That is right two necklaces for the price of one! And look how darling the packaging was!

And then we have my fairy art doll. She showed up in our mail box too and can you believe how great she is? My swap partner Sarah really did a great job and I just love her. I think we may be developing a cupcake theme in the kitchen. Look how cute she looks with my cupcake girl from Diane (who has some really darling fairies in her ebay shop right now)! She is even the right color red for the kitchen. Thank you so much Sarah I love, love, LOVE her!


And you can also see the little fairies we have been creating around here. Let's just say my house has a fine layer of glitter on it now. It is funny, once you get out the glitter it is like you just can't stop making things sparkle! I used some vintage style paper dolls I had, these were actually Little Women paper dolls, for their heads and started with an idea I saw on flicker from one on the other swappers. I really liked the way they turned out. I won't tell you which one is for Sarah and which I am keeping, just in case she peeks!
And of course Miss Brittany had to give this a try. She decided at eight she was ready to try the glue gun on her own. So with a cup of ice water ready just in case she went crazy. She just couldn't stop creating. Aren't they just beautiful! We are going to send the bride to our cousin Libby and keep the blue girl. It really is fun getting to do crafts with my daughter. Now if we could just keep the little boys out of the way a little longer

So you can see we had a lot of fun this week! Don't forget to leave a comment so you will be entered in my give-away and have a great weekend!





12 comments:

love.boxes said...

Those are lovely you guys! I love those soldered charms as well. I wish they would make them in 3X3 with birthday cakes and glittering valentines because I would love to hand a few from my chandelier.

Amanda Edwards said...

love.boxes, surely you have the talent in you to make some charms for your chandelier? I am thinking that I would like to try to make some myself now!
Michelle, how beautiful are your art dolls! It's so wonderful that your daughter loves to create with you, like a real kindred spirit!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! All of the treasures are wonderful! That is a beyond wonderful mail day!!! xoxo

Lilli in Vancouver said...

You've been busy! Those dolls are so sweet :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your "Ladies" nicest I've seen! Laurei

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great job you and little Miss Brittany did with the Art dolls. What fun to be so creative with your daughter. The Little Women pink ones are just so cute - love the pink.
Alison

liz said...

so cute.


I had good mail come this weekend, too, but it was a changing pad for the baby-to-be and a baby book. not so pretty, but glad to finally have it here!

Natasha Burns said...

Love all your goodies Michelle! And those fairy dolls you have been making are so sweet!

Sarah Smiles said...

How adorable! I want one. How do you make them?

Sarah Smiles said...

enter me in your give away.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

There is nothing better than a houseful of fairies!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE FAIRIES. THEY TURNED OUT SO NEAT. THE FAIRY NECKLACE IS WONDERFUL. BRITTANY IS GOING TO BE A CRAFTER JUST LIKE YOU. LOVE TO BOTH OF YOU . MOM