Saturday, August 18, 2007

We are getting crafty around here again!

I had the urge to play with sculpey clay the other day so I made these fun little cherry red guys. There are going to be bluebirds eventually. I am hoping to get the shop up and going soon for the coming Christmas season. Hopefully I will have some new fairy dolls to show you in the next couple of days. I am thinking of making some doll clothes to put in there. Specifically little christening dresses, they are always the most popular with Brittany's friends. What do you think? Is there much of a market for dolly clothes?
















And after visiting Amy at Angry chicken I visited a few of the suggestions she had for kid toy/crafting ideas and Brittany and I decided to give this a try. I am not sure how well you can see but we transfered a picture of a kitty she had drawn onto a piece of cotton broadcloth. (To do this we taped the original to our glass door and then taped the fabric over the top and just traced it with a pencil.) Then we had our first lesson in embroidary. So far she is really doing well and hasn't put it down for more than a meal yet! Hopefully we will have a finished project to show you some time soon!







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY BRITTANY...LOOK AT YOU .
PRETTY SOON YOU'LL BE AS GOOD AS
YOUR MOM. I SURE MISS YOU.
ALL MY LOVE ...GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

HEY BRITTANY...LOOK AT YOU .
PRETTY SOON YOU'LL BE AS GOOD AS
YOUR MOM. I SURE MISS YOU.
ALL MY LOVE ...GRANDMA

Natasha Burns said...

Oh it's great to see Brittany is enjoying embroidery! It is very therapeutic isn't it? Can't wait to see the end result!

love.boxes said...

Wow Brit! Great job! Love the cute birdies... great picture too!

monique said...

Hi ,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
You have a very lovely blog.How great that your daughter is enjoying embroidery.
I just have seen a little bit of your blog, so I'm off for more.
Have a lovely sunday.
(swap bot)

Kerri W. said...

I love all your little crafts! Those birds are adorable. I want some. :) You should post some sort of a photo tutorial - those make me happy.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I love the little red birds!! My mom taught me how to cross-stich and that was always our bonding thing...I recently taught her to knit - so that's what we do now! Your children are adorable!

Ari
graphics_cactus

Sarah Smiles said...

I like the birds with their eyes. Brittany is awesome--way to teach her.