Sunday, September 16, 2007


How Weird am I?

I was tagged at least a week ago to share seven weird things about myself. You don't realize how difficult this is until you sit down to try and do it. So I have been jotting things down and we will see how far I get
1. I have mutant feet. That is what my sister always called them and I must admit I used them to torture her. How could feet possibly be scary enough to chase one's little sister and send her running screaming down the hall? Well I can spread my toes until they look, as my sister called it like "the claw." I know, not my proudest moment, but I am a really nice sister now I promise.

2. I hate cutting raw meat. HATE it! I used to get my roommates to do it for me and now get hubby to any chance I get.

3. I don't really like eating meat. As far as I can tell this is not necessarily related to fact #2, maybe it is subliminally because I do enjoy meat I haven't prepared, say at my mother's house or a restaurant.

4. I read doing all sorts of household activities. The number one activity is unloading the dishwasher. I also read chopping veggies sometimes, folding laundry, used to do it a lot while curling my hair, especially love to read in the tub and pretty much always have a book on my kitchen counter for that stray 10 sec or so. Oh, and it goes without saying while I am eating.

5. I am pretty much the cheapest woman alive. I think this may be why I like crafting. It is a way to have something pretty usually for much cheaper than I could buy it. I also love thrifting, but that isn't really weird. But I will re-use things I thrift and turn them into other things, again not really weird. But if you had seen my family room the day I cut an old fake fur coat up to make a fur cape for my daughter one Christmas you would have thought, "Man this girl is Weird!"

6.I can never eat Campbell's chicken noodle soup again. I opened a can while pregnant with Brittany, and you know how when it is condensed it has a slightly green color and stronger than usual smell? Well it was really not good while pregnant! It makes me want to barf just thinking about it!

7. My favorite thing to have for breakfast is left-over dessert. Cake, pie, cookies whatever. My logic is then I have the whole day to burn off the calories. Not necessarily true but it makes me feel better about starting my day with a sugary treat!
Well, I hope after that you-all will still be my friends!

9 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You can't beat cake for breakfast, unless of course, it is pie!

Janice said...

I am so with you when it comes to reading everywhere. It drives my husband crazy. I usually have about 4 unfinished books in various places around the house.

Diane Duda said...

That's funny...I'm all wrinkly right now from reading in the tub for the last hour. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your 7 things. Okay, here is the deal. I live with a man who reads like you do.. Alwways reading. reading reading reading his life away.... Even at a fancy dinner... Am I that boring.. Perhaps you could really shed some light!! xxxoooo

Natasha Burns said...

LOL you are funny! I was tagged for that too so I am trying really hard to think of things. I'm just not weird enough! must write them down like you did, good idea!

love.boxes said...

I know what you mean about that soup smell..

Heather said...

Michelle - We must be kindred spirits! I'm right with you on the meat ones and , of course, the thrifting ones. There are still things that make me sick because they smelled awful when I was pregnant.

And who doesn't love dessert for breakfast? My favorite dessert for breakfast is a "Dump Cake." It sounds gross, but it's so good and super easy to make! It tastes like a sweeter version of a peach cobbler. Yum! I could eat a whole pan by myself.

Sarah Smiles said...

you are so entertaining!

Anonymous said...

SHELL...YOU STOLE NUMBER 7 FROM ME. LOVE MOM