Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A New Happy Dress for School!


I finished one of the dresses I planned for Brittany before we left Utah to have for school this week. I think it looks so happy with the bright yellow and polka dots. I am calling it the 15 minute dress. I have had friends ask me how I seem to get so much done with my little kids around. Well, things like the 15 minute dress. I just work on it for little 15 minute snatches of time when my kids are busy. That and then I occasionally stay up late. That is how I finished the little felt flower at the waist, stayed up late watching Gilmore Girls on dvd and sewing. I have to say I like the flower the best, and so did Brittany and her friends. She wants it in purple now so she can wear it on her school spirit day. So I guess I will have to start saving up my 15 minutes!

Here is a close up of the flower. I just safety pinned it on the inside so I can take it off to wash.

11 comments:

love.boxes said...

That is so dang cute! Love the yellow!

Anonymous said...

Tooooo cute!!!!

Kerri W. said...

Omigosh. That is the most adorable dress. You are very talented! I love the flower - it really completes the dress.

Lovely!

Janice said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Just love that dress...your daughter is very lucky to have a mum who will sew for her! The flower is my favourite part too. It's adorable!
Kathy :)

Sugar Bear said...

I love that you call it the 15 minute dress. Great idea to pace yourself. I'm so into instant gratification that I make myself crazy by staying up late. I need to adopt your philosophy! I love the witches. They are so fun!
Karla

Lilli in Vancouver said...

What an absolutely Gorgeous dress! It's positively glows with sunshine...it makes me happy just looking at it :)

Sarah Smiles said...

You are so amazing! It is so cute and the model is even cuter!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning dress. She looks beautiful in it.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

That dress is the cheeriest! Your fortunate gal couldn't help but have super great days whenever she wears it! You are so talented! My gram was a seamstress and I remember lying on the floor as she traced patterns around me on newspaper. This post brought back a happy memory - Thanks so much! katie

Natasha Burns said...

Michelle I just LOVE the happy dress!!! It makes me smile!!!