Thursday, September 13, 2007


We are getting in the Booo mood!

I know, it is still early in September, but believe it or not my kids usually have nailed down what they want to be and I have started sewing by now. We like to send out a little Halloween card to our friends and family with the kids in their costumes so I sort of have to start early to make it happen. It actually is more fun than Christmas cards I think and people really seem to like getting them, maybe because you don't usually get a Halloween card. Anyway, we are pondering the very important question: "What shall I be for Halloween?" This is a very serious question you know. Especially this year, our old elementary school did not allow costumes but our new one does and we are really excited to have somewhere great to wear them to. So the candidates for Matthew are Power Ranger, Zoro or The Tin Man from Wizard of Oz. I thought I was going to be off the hook for making his this year(I don't do Power Rangers when Target does such a fine job), but it looks like Zoro is pulling ahead. We had an animated dvd from the library and know think he is really cool. I like him because he is a gentleman. Brittany was considering being Dorothy(the ruby red slippers are a big draw), but it looks like she is going to go with a princess--again! We are calling it one of the twelve dancing princesses this year but I suspect that is because she can choose just about any color she wants to that way! And Joshua? Well, this is probably my last year getting to choose for him, my kids form opinions early, and I can't decide between something cute like a polka-dot dragon or an adorable mini-super hero. I am leaning toward the dragon, I mean we are looking at years of super-heroes right?
The little painting above it one I was messing around with just for fun, I actually sort of made this in duplicates so I could send out a couple and keep one for myself. I love that it is sort of all the Halloween icons; cat, witch and pumpkin all in one! Well, if you aren't thinking of Halloween yet ( as most people probably are not) I hope you don't mind my rambling on a bit about it. I love Halloween ever since I became a mom. It is just so many of my favorite things about childhood all in wrapped in one. Parties, dress-up, make-believe and candy. What more could you want?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!Pumpkinkat

Anonymous said...

We've already started Halloween shopping too - Target just put out their line!! This is my favorite time of year!

Janice said...

Halloween in BIG in my house. I love the holiday because I can decorate and leave the decorations up for a whole month!

We too had the whole what to be for Halloween this year and fortunately, it was easy for everyone. Toothsome #1 is going to be a skeleton, toothsome #2 will be a Flower Princess, #3 is an elephant and #4 is a flower.

Betty said...

Love your little painting. I made a stuffed cat in a pumpkin for a swap I am doing. I'll share it later. I miss the days of making Halloween costumes. My youngest is 15 now and "too old" for that stuff. LOL

Sarah Smiles said...

Cute cat. I love Halloween as well. Just last night my husband was saying that he can't wait to have our hanuted house out again. It plays music and the witch flies on her broom around the roof of the house. I am already preparing for a hatching spider egg sack that I want to make for a decoration this year. The kids are already talking about what they want to be.

love.boxes said...

I love The Twelve Dancing Princesses story!

Heather said...

I am so with you on Starting Halloween already. My kids have picked their costumes and I have already bought some new decorations. I can't wait!

BTW - I love your little kitty painting. It's too cute!