Tuesday, September 25, 2007









It's a Party!!!











Karla is having a party today! Sort of like a parade of homes, that's what we call it in Utah. You buy a ticket and get to walk through a bunch of lovely homes that are all decked out in their finest. Karla is having a blog-party where you show your favorite little corners of your house. I have really been looking forward to seeing everybody's pretty nooks.



So here are a couple of mine. First is my new favorite thing. When we moved, my drop leaf table that was my grandmother's got broken. VERY sad. But my hubby being the brilliant man that he is found a way to still use it. Two of the legs broke right off and most people would have just sent it to the dump. But my smart man found a way to cut it in half and attach it to the wall so now it is in my front entry and I think is one of the most interesting pieces in my house!








See, it is half a table!



















And this is a little spot I really like in the living room. I found the sweet old Madonna in a thrift store(one of my favorite finds ever), and hubby gave me the ceramic sculpture for my birthday a last year. It is as close to a Lladro as I would ever want to get with my kids around! I really love it that is why these stay out all year, not just at Christmas!


Thanks for visiting and go over to Karla's and check out everybody else's houses too!

12 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is a beautiful old print!

thanks for coming to the party, have fun mingling.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a lovely idea for the table. And now it is even more interesting! And the entry is such a prominent place to put such an important piece. I'm sure your grandmother would be so pleased!

Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

I loved visiting your charming home!

xo,
Kim

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I love that drop leaf table and how clever! Give that man a medal. My mother had one just like it.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

Natasha Burns said...

Love the table and your hubby's clever thinking!!! How warm and wonderful!

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

What a wonderful idea for your table! Your hubby is very smart, indeed! Your madonna and statue look beautiful together.

Kitty

Unknown said...

what a cool idea! I have seen half tables like that in very very expensive designer furniture stores.
And I love the whole go and have a nose around people's houses thing - I wish we did that in the UK (I love being nosey and seeing other people's homes!!!)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Fabulous idea your hubby had for that drop leaf table. It looks like the perfect place for it too!
Thanks for sharing a personal part of your world with us all.

Blessings,
Sandy :)

Janice said...

I love the table! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have one Lladro that was on top of my wedding cake. It is up high where the kids can't even see it. I am in the process of redoing things in my house and I will post pictures when I am done.

Anonymous said...

WILLIAM...I LOVE HOW THE TABLE TURNED OUT! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT. LOVE THE MOM IN LAW

Sarah Smiles said...

love half a table It looks great