Friday, September 14, 2007


I Love Angel Food Cake!!
I discovered a great thing today! (Prepare yourself, you may not find this quite as exciting as I did). Did you know you can bake angel food cake in cupcake form? Yes!! It is true! And it is even yummier than regular angel food cake! I had an angel food cake mix in the cupboard and thought, "Oh, that sounds yummy, I'll make that real quick". Well, on the box it said to try it in cupcake liners, so I did and it was so great. I love the crusty top part of the angel food cake and this way you get that in every bite. Plus I hate cleaning the angel food cake pan and presto! No messy pan! Now although angel food cake has very little fat and not as many calories as regular cake, and I didn't think it necessary to frost(again with that yummy top), I am pretty sure I made up for any calories I saved eating one after another. Funny the little things that can make ones day isn't it?!

8 comments:

love.boxes said...

I love the tablecloth and the pretty plate too! :)

Michelle said...

Would you believe that tablecloth is flannel-backed vinyl my mom made for me. I love!

Amanda Edwards said...

I don't think we have angel food cake mixes here but I think I will have to make some from scratch because yours look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I MUST try this in cupcakes!! That is soooo adorable and would make such perfect individual strawberry-shortcake desserts!

Anonymous said...

OH! What kinda angel food mix??? I mean, C'mon, of course you liked it you little angel.. They don't call it angel food for nuthin' ;* xoxoxoxo

Sarah Smiles said...

I love Angel food cake. I don't have a pan so I never make it. I never thought to get a mix for it. How exciting!

Natasha Burns said...

YUM! don't make me drool! I am back on the wagon of losing a little bit of weight, so things like this that are easy and yummy are not helpful Michelle!!! LOL! but good to know when I have people coming over.

Betty said...

That's my daughter's favorite cake. I'll have to try that.