Sunday, September 30, 2007

Special K Treat


Sunday treats!
Thought I would give you a little treat in case you are like us and like to make a yummy munchie on your Sunday afternoon. This is one of my all-time favorites. My girlfriends and I used to make this in high school and then consume the entire batch(aaah, I really miss that old teen-age metabolism!). We used to call it Special K treat because that was the cereal we liked best to use in it. Is was my dear friend Melanie's recipe and when I was pregnant this last time with Joshua I had to call her for it because I was sure I was going to die if I didn't get some immediately! So here you go:
1/2 C Sugar
1/4 C Brown sugar
1/2 Butter
2C Mini-marshmellows
1t vanilla
4 C cereal(Special K, corn flakes, any unsugared flake cereal)
1 C coconut(optional)
Melt sugars and butter and marshmellows. Bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes then remove from heat. Add vanilla. Add cereal and coconut. Spread on a piece of wax paper, or I spray Pam on my granite countertop and that works great to cool. I bagged this up to give to one of the girls I visit for church for her birthday. I tied on a little sculpey pumpkin I learned how to make from Tif at a halloween party a few years ago and I think it looked nice an fallish.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have tried these treats with several different cereals and they never last more than 20 minutes!
Yum Yum Yum
Have a great Sunday!
tattingbug

Janice said...

A boy I dated at BYU used to make something similiar but it had peanut butter in it--some family recipe. I am eager to try this one out.

Anonymous said...

I love your wallpaper!!! Where did you get it?!

Natasha Burns said...

oh YUM!!!! lol we get Special K and Cornflakes here too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really yummy!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

I've written that recipe down and am going to have to make those! YUM! Made my mouth water just reading the ingredients.
Hope you have a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)
PS What an awesome goodie swap partner you have - your halloween gifts are fabulous!

Camille said...

I just printed this off and I'm going to try it out. Looks like a good treat to give the VT girls. Thanks.

And.... thanks for the spiderman youtube tip. Hunter has been LOVING those.

deb said...

Yum-o! And it's packaged so beautifully too!

love.boxes said...

This looks just delish! What are you taking these pics on. I love that black and white tablecloth you have or whatever it is... really pretty!