Wednesday, September 19, 2007



The new couch has arrived!


This post is mostly for my mother and my sister, the rest of you, please feel free to voice your opinions too though. My sweet, sweet mother, in an attempt to provide herself a decent place to sleep when visiting us, gave us a wad of cash to buy a new hide-a-bed. That and she was probably a bit tired of listening to Brittany whine about giving up her bed, I know I was. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an attractive hide-a-bed. Apparently anyone who has night-time guests is assumed to also have no taste. After much searching, online and off, we found this addition to our family room. It arrive yesterday and I wanted my mom to get to see the latest thing she has added to my home. My sister is coming to visit me in October(yeah!) so I thought she might want to see too. It is micro-suede so hopefully will be kid-friendly. It is looking really suedey in the picture, I don't think the suedeness is quite that obvious in real life( are you loving these words I am making up?). It looked a bit blah when it first arrived so I tried to jazz it up with pillows and quilts, of course. I think I am really going to like it! Thanks Mom!















This is what it looks like in the family room now, the kids are thrilled, it faces the T.V. and the other couch has always been along the other wall.

8 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Your Mum and sister will be comfortable when they sleep over now. It is hard when the kids have to give up their beds for visitors. They never, ever do it without making a fuss and everyone hearing them. She'll be happy now.
The colour certainly suits your room.
Alison

Janice said...

I have two micro suede sofas in my family and LOVE them. We ended up purchasing a Rowe brand. What is yours?

Heather said...

I am so with you on how hard it is to find a decent looking sleeper sofa! The one you bought looks almost exactly like the one I bought from Room & Board a couple of months ago. I guess great minds think alike!

Sarah Smiles said...

very nice

Diane Duda said...

It looks nice. My parents just helped us out a bit with the new car. Aren't we lucky?

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi! Suede is very easy to look after and wipes clean very nicely! I have 3 boys so I picked it for this reason. It looks great!
-Katrina :)

Camille said...

I do like your new couch a lot. I never would have guessed it was a hide a bed. Way to go. How fun that Tiff is coming to visit. Is she bringing the girls too? Fun, Fun! I also love that quilt you have draped over the couch. Did you make it?

Anonymous said...

Your couch looks very comfy for aunts, too. Maybe next spring!!

Aunt Diane