Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to the best Mom Ever!

You will have to excuse me today. It is my mom's birthday and since I can't be there I wanted to post about her. I know you all my think you have the best mother, but I am sorry you are wrong. When I was little my mom used to tell us that there were children lining up waiting for her to be their mother. I am telling you this probably was true! ( She does have a great sense of humor by the way!)

Look how pretty we are on my first Easter! Does she just look like she is going to be the most fun addition motherhood has ever seen?!


And this was Easter when I was three years old. Apparently my Dad was great at taking Easter Sunday shots. My mom made these two cute dresses we are wearing, I think. The readers of my blog have mentioned that my house seems to be quite creative. Well I learned it all from my mom. She always encouraged me to make all sorts of things and since I am quite messy now, I am sure I wasn't very tidy then either so it had to be a bit of a sacrifice! Of course she was a super housekeeper and taught me everything I needed to know to keep my house looking good--if I would just do it! She is the person I always want around if I have the redecorating bug too. She is great at rearranging things and making them look really good.

There were three girls in my house including Mom. Poor dad and Mickey the dog were the only boys(don't worry there will be a whole detailed description of why my dad is going straight through the pearly gates for living with us on his birthday!). As you can see, even while going through my homely stage, around 12 I think, I wanted to be just like my mom. Notice the matching plaid skirts and blazers? Of course my little sister Tiff is looking sweet. My mom was great growing up at finding the balance between being our friend and being a great parent. It was never more important to her to be our friend than to make sure we were growing up to be the people we should. However, she was so much fun and we always knew that being with up was one of her favorite things to do and so we always were and are the best of friends.

The best Grandma ever! I have even had my friends tell me they think she just might be the best grandma ever. This picture is really outdated, Abby is no longer our baby and Joshua hasn't even made the scene, but I love it because I think you can see how much my mom enjoys her grandkids and they adore her. She comes up with all sorts of things to do and pretend with our kids. I mean you should see the mandatory fashion shows that go on at her house. When my parents built their dream house a few years ago one of the first things on the blueprint was the kids playroom. My mom truly loves kids and kids all around her,not just her grandkids, know it!

So, if you don't mind, have a daisy cupcake in honor of my mom's favorite flower as we wish my fabulous mom Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday Mom, we love you!

10 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

I totally remember your mom, "the librarian" - was she at the Farmington Library? Aren't moms the best?

love.boxes said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful year!

Love the fun photos!

Elisa said...

What a lovely post about your mom! She really was the fun Mom! She was the Sunbeam teacher for like FOREVER (she taught most of my sisters) and when we would come home to visit, and the kids would be freaking out about primary, she was the one who always helped them feel happy and to not be scared!! She really is amazing with little kids!

Have a wonderful day, Library lady!

ps. I think I had a plaid skirt just like yours too! how fun!

Alison Gibbs said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom.
Love that she said there were kids lining up waiting for her to be their mother!!LOL
Happy Easter
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Oh Happy Birthday to your mom!
Great pictures.
Hope you and your family have a great Easter!
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday lovely Michelle's wonderful mom, whom she misses!! I am sure!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a great effort and oh how Judy appreciates and loves the things you said. You continue to be a wonderful daughter and exampliary wife and mother. Thanks for all you do for your family and extended family. Love from Papa Bear.

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

What sweet photos! Happy Birthday to your mom! :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love her grin in the photo with all the kids! Thats how my grandkid makes me feel too.


Happy Easter!