Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cupcakes!
Loads of cupcakes at our house today!
I decided that it would be fun for Matthew to take Easter cupcakes to his class party tomorrow. Yes, this is right after we did the St. Patrick's Day of fun. I have no idea how the date of Easter is determined. I think it has something to do with the phases of the moon or something. All I can say is I am so glad that according to Martha Stewart whom Iactually got watch while folding laundry for a minute the other day, Easter will not be this early again for 150 years! Hooray! This is a total pain to have Easter the same week as St. Patricks Day! In addition my kids get out for spring break on Thursday. And Spring break is TEN days long here! Since we are not going anywhere this is not good news to me. Anyhow, in typical Michelle fashion I decided to make cupcakes and then realized I needed two batches as they are combining the morning and afternoon classes for the party. They are supposed to look like little grass nests of eggs.


LOADS of cupcakes later my boy is happy with his offering for tomorrow. They do look pretty cute all lined up.

And just in case all those kids cupcakes aren't enough, yesterday I discovered a new treat for me. I like Angel food cake in cupcake fashion. I have posted about this before, but yesterday on the box it suggested you add 1/3 c. cocoa powder to the dry angel food cake mix before you add the water and combine. Then I just dropped the batter in muffin tins and baked them for about 15 minutes. They are so yummy and low-cal and low-fat-for cake anyway!

I hope all of your pre-Easter preparations are going well. I have done it to myself again. I still would like to make myself a new skirt for Easter Sunday, mail a couple of Easter packages that probably won't make it in time, find Joshua new church pants, dye the eggs, and it would be nice if the Easter bunny could visit a clean house. Oh well, I am constantly doing this to myself but it almost always turns out okay!

10 comments:

love.boxes said...

Chocolate angel food cake!!! Yummo!

The cupcakes are sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

You definately get the Mom of the year award with all that you do and make with your kids! I remember those cupcakes from when I was a kid and the coconut covered bunny cake.
Your comments about Easter not being this early for another 150 years and the kids being hime all ten days not being good for you made me laugh out loud!!!
Have a Happy Easter!
I will be the Mom running around Saturday buying Easter basket stuff ..I have to remember to buy eggs too;P

Anonymous said...

Oh..and the Easter bunny wont mind what your house looks like if he happens to drop by ours first..It's a mess!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the cupcakes. So cute
Alison

noodle and lou said...

You are so cute Michelle...you always make me smile!!! Your cupcakes look divine and if I hadn't eaten about 2 dozen at my blog party I would eat some of yours;) Happy Easter!!!! xoxo...jenn

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm cupcakes! I want one!!
Have a great Easter=:)
Tracy

Circe said...

I love the new picture at the top of the page. Just in case you don't have enough to do, I tried making chocolate-dipped peeps on sucker sticks today, and they turned out surprisingly yummy. I'm just saying...it doesn't look like you have any fun projects going on over there! :) (Love the cupcakes!)

Circe said...

The peep pics are up. They looked even cuter wrapped in their celo bags and tied with pretty ribbons. And they are so yummy! I got the giant sprinkles at Ben Franklin. Less messy and so festive!

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Michelle! Your cupcakes are divine! They look like the ones my mom used to make when I was a kid! I am more into chocolate Easter eggs, the ones you make from mixed ingredients to make fondant shaped like eggs that you then dip in melted chocolate. My men are not too much into shredded coconut...Ulysse does not even eat cake that has icing on it, he really does not have a sweet tooth... But he loves chocolate! I think Easter is much more celebrate in the states that it is in Quebec. Like any other celebrations, it is becoming too tacky with Sponge Bob and Dora shaped chocolate in logo boxes... I drive to Montreal to get my chocolate, in what we call a biscuiterie where they sell all kinds of cookies and candies by the pound (or kg !!, we have totally switched to this method) and where they have an incredible assortment of old-ways home made chocolate figures all displayed in the window of the shop. This year, Easter will not look like Easter at all, more like Christmas Eve... Take care, LuLu

Circe said...

Don't you just love the Glass Castle? You have Joshua fixing hot dogs for himself, don't you? Yeah, Xanthe does the laundry and babysits herself. It does make you think maybe we're doing something right, huh? BTW, I made another big batch of Chocolate covered peeps today. I have the same OCD behavior as you when it comes to crafty stuff. I can't stop!!!