Monday, March 24, 2008

Here come the girls!

I have been working on a new batch of girls! Even though they are still missing their stuffing, skirts and little details, I had to share them with you. I have learned a lot through the creation of my little gingham girls. I have finally figured out four is the perfect number in a batch. It is not time effective for me to only make one, but the times I have made more than four I tend to lose interest and they stop being fun.
These girls are heavy on pink! I love pink, wish I could have pink hair too. I have previously used fabrics I already had in my stash when I have made gingham girls. This is the first time I have bought fabrics just for them, and I love them! I want skirts made of each of these, in fact my Easter skirt was trimmed with the same fabric as the second one from the left is wearing.
I love seeing all those little sausage legs, and lots of stripes and polka dots!

She is trying to wink at you, it is hard when you have no stuffing in your head, to tell you all these girls will be in the shop on Wednesday by noon pacific time. Hopefully with a new nesting birdie or two!

11 comments:

Circe said...

Michelle, I think I'm in love! I must have the gingham girl with the black and white toile to give my mom! Should I buy it in the shop or send you a check? And thanks for the adorable nest necklace! My girls and I all love it! It's so fun to get a package!

annas dreams blog said...

I love pink too, and your dolls are adorable!!!

Deb said...

Michelle....your gingham girls are adorable! I always enjoy coming to your blog, it's so refreshing. What a nice tribute to your mother on her birthday too. :)

Debbie

Alison Gibbs said...

Michelle your 'girls' are gorgeous
Alison

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Oh, these dolls are wonderful! Love all of the pink! I can't wait to see the polka dotted girls...I may need to get one on them as well:)
I will try my best to be at the computer this evening.
Tracy

love.boxes said...

You're killing me Michelle.. I'm not really into dolls.. but I'm starting to be into dolls. These faces are sooo sweet!!! They really are stunning!! Hooray!

Felicia said...

They're looking mighty adorable :)

Michelle said...

Thanks everybody for the doll love! I got them stuffed and added their skirts last night and I think they are even cuter now!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Cute, cute, cute little creations. They are just the sweetest!

Natasha Burns said...

Michelle they are so cute! love the pink hair. I would love to have pink hair wouldn't you?! LOL!

tascha said...

Super sweet dollies!