Friday, March 07, 2008

The Easter Tree!
Here it is the Easter tree! We have now had a Halloween tree, of course a Christmas tree and now have an Easter tree. This may seem odd, but I am really enjoying them. It is the first year for both the Easter tree and the Halloween tree and I think we will do them both again. I guess we have had Easter trees before, but never this big. I have a couple of the little pastel, fake, twig trees that you see in Wal-mart and such, but this year it seemed fun to take all those little ornaments and put them on one big tree.

I have collected these little wooden ornaments over the years. Mostly from thrift stores and half price bins. They are not the really nice German ones, just the made in China variety but that is okay because then I don't worry about the kids with them. They had a great time dividing the ornaments and hanging them yesterday. I added a few ribbons for color today. It is sitting in a bucket with three paver stones from outside to keep it from tipping over. Then I just wrapped some cute fabric around it and Ta-dah! An Easter tree is born!




I love how kids do this. This is the rabbit version of our family. Look closely, see Dad, Matthew, Brittany and Joshua. Mom has her back to you. Doesn't it look like she is commanding the troops behind her? Probably telling them to be kind to each other--again! I love how they always figure out how to represent our family during projects like this. There was also a bird family on the tree but I will spare you.

This is my one new Easter decoration. I got it at a thrift store last year and I really like it. It is a bit beat up but that actually makes me like it more. Her little cart is perfect for the kids eggs they have dyed in years past. Of course as soon as we got them out and realized the eggs we had were mostly from Brittany, Mathew and I had to make a few for him to contribute too.

Would you believe I really wasn't planning too much decorating and crafting for Easter this year because it is so early? And now I am surrounded by nesting ducks and rabbit parts! Oh well that is just how this girl seems to be made! Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

You have some pretty Easter decorations there Michelle.
Love the tree.
Alison

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic tree!...You have inspired me to drag out my little white tree again. Holidays seem to be the perfect time for families to create and have fun together!! Have a great weekend!
~Heather

Natasha Burns said...

i love your Easter tree!!! Those little bunnies are so cute!!!

Elisa said...

Have you seen the Thanksgiving tree? Oh. I LOVE that one! Everyone takes time on a daily/weekly basis to write things on little tags that they are thankful for, and then you hang them from a "tree"... I have a photo of it on my blog back in Octoberish or early Novemberish... If you did a Halloween one and an Easter one, you should most definitely do a Thanksgiving one!

noodle and lou said...

your Easter tree is magnificent!! I'm with you...I decorate a tree for every season:) I just love all your sweet ornaments!!

I just openend my package from you and I am OVERJOYED!!! You are the sweetest and most amazing person:) Thank you so much Michelle!!!! Miss Ginghamworld is absolutely fabulous and gorgeous. I truly love her! She's sitting with me right now!!! I should stop babbling on your blog...but I'm so excited:) Thanks for my special treats! xoxoxoxo...jenn

Janice said...

My mom had an Easter tree and loved it growing up. Monday, I am going shopping for more Easter decorations.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, I agree, beat up is better!

and how sweet that your kids made up your family on the tree.

Jennie said...

So Cute. I may just have to be a big fat copy cat and get myself a tree. Great idea.

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Your Easter tree is wonderful! You just reminded me that I have a bunch of decorations in the attic. I'm gonna have to get them down today. I keep forgetting how early easter is this year!!!
Have a great day:)

love.boxes said...

I love the wood bunnies. I need to get all my Easter stuff out still. I've just been working on that dinner and getting Easter stuff painted and I still have the Valentines up. I hope to fix that today. Did you have your birthday celebration thing yet, or are you still working on yours?

Anonymous said...

Ok..moms like you put me to shame! I havent decorated or done anything easter related , except by the baskets. The tree is a fun idea that I'll try and remember to do if not this year, then next! Easter hass kind of snuck up on us this year:)