Friday, March 14, 2008

I think I am losing it folks!

This was a very interesting afternoon. I got some great mail. Look at these dotees I received! I signed up for a swap-bot swap for bride and groom dotees. My nieces Libby and Abby are really into brides lately and it reminded me of them. Well, mine came today all the way from Cleveland, even though I haven't even started mine yet! Look at these they are just amazing! I mean look at her little bouquet an his ruffled shirt! Thanks Tracy!

So after the mail came we decided to do a little baking. Brittany has been wanting to learn how to cook so she had a torte lesson. We really are on a torte kick around here lately, now we need to get on an exercise kick to combat it!

Of course Matthew had to bake too because it's just not fair if he can't do what Brittany is doing. So he made gingersnaps. Don't be too impressed, they were the Pillsbury variety but he rolled them in the sugar himself. (Man does that boy need a haircut-put that on tomorrow's list!)

And that was the end of my productive streak. Right after we made cookies I took Matthew to karate. Sounds easy enough but William came home to find I had left the front door wide open. Not just unlocked but wide open! While Matthew was at karate Brittany, Joshua and I went to the library. I loaded the kids in the car and then unknowingly left the bag of books in the parking lot. After William got a call at home from the library to let us know they had the books he called to make sure I still had all three children! We all agreed I should not leave the house for the rest of the night.

7 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Too funny! You did remember to pick Matthew up didn't you???? I put that down to placenta brain, it never leaves once it has been!

Michelle said...

After a quick count in the car--and I really did make them count-everyone made it safely home!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh the joys of a busy Mom.
Trust William to be the one to find the door open. At least if you found it like that he didn't really need to know!!
Alison

love.boxes said...

It's all my fault because I talked your ear off on the phone yesterday. It was sure fun though.

Circe said...

You are losing it! I'm surprised it has taken this long! :) Mom brains work on overtime all the time, so it's no wonder certain things fall by the wayside, like closing doors! Now, for example, Free is asking me what if a giant snowflake fell on our house. Ummm...is there an answer to that?

Adriana Whitney said...

HI, thank you so much for your coment on my blog. I am glad I found you. You have beautiful kids!
Adry xoxo

Anonymous said...

HI MATTHEW...NICE LOOKING COOKIES...THEY MAKE ME HUNGRY JUST LOOKING AT THEM. HEY WHERE IS THAT KARATE PICTURE? I'M MISSING YOU TODAY AND SO IS GRANDPA. LOVE GRANDMA