Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Asking for doll advise!

I have been working on a new doll. After the doll party in blogland last week Christine emailed me and said she thought I should try making a new doll sort of like one I showed. Well when someone as talented as Christine gives me advice like this let me tell you, I listen! She has the most amazing talent. Go see her dolls she is having a shop update tomorrow afternoon, you will be astounded I promise! Anyway, I got this new doll in my head and have been working away on her. After making four heads for her I think I have finally got something I like.
Here she is
I do like how her hair turned out.

And here she is with the doll that inspired her. I was trying to eliminate some of that embroidery work but still keep the look. I think I may try one with a dress made of the fabric behind them next. I have been thinking of trying one holding a baby for Mother's day. What do you think sweet blog friends? Should I just stick with my original doll design or do we like her too? She is in the shop.
I finished some more nesting dolls and they looked so cute all lined up I had to take their picture. The green one is a new addition for me.
There is still a black and white one in the shop. I will be starting a new batch in a couple of days. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

This post is fairly interactive today with me asking your advice! But when you are a stay at home mom your blog friends are your best resource! And it is always fun to show someone a finished project! Don't get me wrong though, my kids definitely have opinions! William not so much.

12 comments:

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Michelle! Thanks for your welcome home wishes, you are the sweetest! Your new dolls are INCREDIBLE, I adore them! Wow, your talent in doll making is growing fast ! Thanks for being a regular blogger friend! Take care! LuLu xxx

love.boxes said...

They all turned out great!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! I would love to see one with a baby. My first visit to your blog, btw, so 'Hi'!

Felicia said...

Beautiful :)

quiltdude said...

Beautiful, did you embroider her dress ,it's very good. What about trying a darker skin colour or a pink dress, plain not patterned, just to change it. She looks a little like Aunt Sally off Worzel Gummage (do you know what that is in the US?) She also looks very posh and old fashioned, I love her.

noodle and lou said...

She is so beautiful Michelle!! I love ALL your dolls...make them all:):):) Holding a baby would be sooo cute for Mother's Day! Loved seeing your pics. of your craft room! It looks awesome:) Hope you are having a great day!! xox...jenn

Alison Gibbs said...

Great idea with the holding baby doll.

Alison

Janice said...

Beautiful! I love your creative needs because seeing your projects satisfies mine. Oh and I am currently reading "Peace Like a River" as well but after that it is Uncle Tom's Cabin. It is a classic that I haven't read and feel the need to to be culturally literate.

Natasha Burns said...

cute dolls Michelle - they are both lovely, no reason you can't continue with both styles

Anonymous said...

She came out beautiful Michelle!! YAY!! I love her hair and clothes and eyes:) I'd continue making other versions of her including a child and continue with those stacking dolls. I love mine and the green one is gorgeous..you're on a roll so don'r stop!!:)

~Christine
p.s. thanks for the mention ;)

Elisa said...

I love the green nesting doll! So classy! You are so talented... its just plain inspiring!

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I think she's beautiful! How ahard it must be for you to part with your wonderful creations!